Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mpg T180 07 Plate

parky68

Long time no post / visit!! ;(

Filled up with 45 litres (10 gallons) normal derv - returned 280 miles??? 28 MPG?? Is this right / normal? :o

I have a 28 mile round trip to work, consisting of driving 30-40 mph, then 70-80mph, then 30-50mph!!

You're thoughts and feedback are welcome!! ;)

Ye sound surprised at 28mpg, Parky....is the car new to you.....? Your result is I would say towards the lower end of the '180 spectrum, and is what I used to get with mine in colder weather, but 28 - 32 in winter is about as good as it gets. Look out in the near-ish future for somebody called Big Kev possibly selling a Lindop Chip Kit if it doesn't work properly in his new SR150 Rav.

Big Kev

Thanks for the reply BIG Kev ;)

We've had the car from new, not so much surprised, but a tad disappointed having done the maths etc :(

On the plus side...I can't see me getting much worse mpg with the Scooby STI's that I keep eyeing up!!! :o

What exactly would putting the chip kit on the Rav gain one?? ;)

Thanks for the reply BIG Kev ;)

We've had the car from new, not so much surprised, but a tad disappointed having done the maths etc :(

On the plus side...I can't see me getting much worse mpg with the Scooby STI's that I keep eyeing up!!! :o

What exactly would putting the chip kit on the Rav gain one?? ;)

178HP reputedly becomes 218HP, and a massive grin on yer face if Astra Boy gives ye a sideways glance at traffic lights.

Used properly. it is CAPABLE OF giving you about 4-6mpg extra, but the best I found was the totally different throttle openings and flexibility it brought.....6th gear cruising,no changing down gears, and a mere blip of the throttle whisked one past slower moving traffic.I removed it to drive to That England and trade my SR180 in.....mpg dropped by 5 mpg at motorway speed, but that was according to my OBC.

(IT WAS EVEN WORSE EARY IN THE TRIP....!!!!)

You are welcome to try it if you are passing, but be warned.....you WILL want one.....

Big Kev

Sounds good ;) What's the damage and insurance implications on one of those Kev?? ;)

Nothing I'd wager. Just renewed my insurances for my 2 heavily modified RAVs and paid less than £200 each fully comp; altho racing is excluded. Travelling quickly on the public roads wasn't mentioned :lol:

Blige £ 200?? fully comp?? Please share the preferred insurance company!! ;)

Sounds good ;) What's the damage and insurance implications on one of those Kev?? ;)

Kingo will quote ye a price for a new (fully adjustable one....). As far as insurance is concerned, nothing extra.......yet.....

Big Kev

Long time no post / visit!! ;(

Filled up with 45 litres (10 gallons) normal derv - returned 280 miles??? 28 MPG?? Is this right / normal? :o

I have a 28 mile round trip to work, consisting of driving 30-40 mph, then 70-80mph, then 30-50mph!!

You're thoughts and feedback are welcome!! ;)

09 plate SR180 (March 09) - consumption recorded for every tank full, brim-to-brim (anal or what? :))

Worst case = 29.7 mpg; Best case = 44.4 mpg; Average = 38/39 mpg

I'm disappointed / worried when I get less than 35 mpg

But its going to depend on your journey profile and how you drive it. While I do some short trips and certainly don't drive for economy per se, the bulk of my mileage in on longer trips on the motorway and 'broadly' within the speed limits.

If you can get 38/39 in the dead of winter, Philip, I am a very impressed personage....deffo have seen the OBC, and have done the odd brimmer test, and concur with your figures, but come winter, I tend NOT to check the mpg.....plenty of other reasons to weep in winter up here....!!!!

Big Kev

Thanks for your input guys ;) Much appreciated!!! :) Some food for thought...that's for sure!! :D

Come in Kingo ;)

£375 delivered inc VAT, PM me to order

Kingo :thumbsup:

Thanks for your input guys ;) Much appreciated!!! :) Some food for thought...that's for sure!! :D

Write to Santa McKingo, Parky.....see what's in his sacks (steady....) this Christmas....maybe some CHIPS.....?

TOO LATE....HE WROTE TO YOU I SEE......

Come in Kingo ;)

£375 delivered inc VAT, PM me to order

Tanks Kingo, appreciate yr info - Easy to self fit or get my Mastertec m8 to get his hands dirty?? ;)

Deathly simple on the '180, matey....a wee fiddle on the 150 I have JUST found out.

If Bog Kev can do it Parky....................................:D:

ooops, typo....BOG Kev :lol: :lol: sorry about that big fella :naughty:

If you can get 38/39 in the dead of winter, Philip, I am a very impressed personage....deffo have seen the OBC, and have done the odd brimmer test, and concur with your figures, but come winter, I tend NOT to check the mpg.....plenty of other reasons to weep in winter up here....!!!!

Big Kev

Since I have the figures, and defining 'winter' to run from the first fill in December to the last fill in February then:

2009/10 = 35.8 mpg

2010/11 = 36.8 mpg

2011/12 = 38.9 mpg

So, 'no' I can't, quite ... ;)

Bog?? Lol ;)

So a plug and go then?? :o

very much so, piggy back connection, no cutting of wires, one to the boost pressure sensor and one to the fuel pressure sensor

We regularly get 400 miles + out of a tank of V-Power and that isn't even running right to empty, typically get 48-50 litres in the tank when we refill - it may be worth pointing out that 90% of the miles my wife does is on the motorway sat in 6th.

Kingo's chip kit is great!!

I rarely got more than 38 mpg in my old 2.2 d4d xt5. How the hell were you getting that from a 180?!?

Was it all motorway and "A" roads? I could at best get 46 mpg on a single motorway run at 70-75 mph in the old Rav.

The new one did 43.5 mpg on the last tanks calculations and that was mixed driving, so much better than the old one and with barely 1000 miles on the clock so far.

After 20 brim - brim fuelups my average is 33, all done on new 3/4 engine replaced earlier this year. It would have been better had i checked my tyre pressures..checked them the other week and i had 27, 28. 28, 29. Saw a slight increase in MPG, but since i only do 12.5 miles each way to work i haven't seen the full benefit. Done a few longer journeys that would seen better MPG had my tyres been fully inflated.

On my winter tyres now so will see if that makes any difference.

So tyre pressures??? Should be ?? for 1 or 2 people with no luggage?? ;)

Thanks ( in advance ) guys & girls? :D