Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Aygo Spotted Testing

The few lines I do recognise look more like a Hyundai i10 than the new "Keen Look" Toyota sports...

Looks very Nice from what we can see of it anyway :) still my Favorite design so far is the newest model with the DLR starting to get luxuries like half leather seats i reckon if Toyota want to keep the business and not let it fall to VW with their UP they need to offer more Equipment such as full leather electric, heated seats like you get in the VW UP since most of people leaving Aygo's say they don't like its bare bone refinement and have been spoiled by well equipped cars so it makes the Aygo especially a low spec one feel like a Cave i.e. Nissan Pixo

Toyota_Aygo_Driving_180512_(2).jpg

Well the Aygo was originally designed to be really really cheap without being an unreliable hunk of junk like most of the cars in its price bracket.

I think it has a lot of competition from things like the i10 at the moment, which is better equipped and cheaper! It's not as nice a car but you can't really articulate things like that on the checkbox list alas.

The Yaris was supposed to be a higher spec car but it's gotten too fat now and is in a completely different segment to the Aygo.

The problem I can see there is if they start putting on all these extras, it will make the car heavier and more expensive and will start to encroach onto the Yaris price points, which means they'll probably bump the Yaris' price up in response...

That said, is this actually a 'new' Aygo? It just looks like a facelift to me!

Honestly,

VW has copied and improved the Aygo to deliver the VW Up. VW Up is a far nicer car in almost every aspect compared to Aygo, right now. Reliability is one unknown puzzle with VW models , only time will tell. Toyota has one hell of a job of trying to better the VW Up to produce a new Aygo and at a price in competition with Up which has allready acquired a big following (pooling all the Up, skoda Citigo and seat Mii buyers). I just wish Toyota luck and let's hope the Toyota guys go and drive the Up to check out the competition! Having driven both Hyundai i10 and Kia picanto, I do not consider them to be in the same quality/class/league.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been waiting for images like this! Even under that psychedelic disguise, from the front, it is still very obviously an Aygo, which is great. I'll reserve judgement until it is fully revealed of course, but I'm not so convinced on the rear end; looks as though the three manufacturers will keep this all but identical this time around, opting for the higher-mounted tail lights. Glass tailgate also looks set to remain - though I personally would prefer something with a bit of metal in, like the Citigo/Up/Mii. We'll see, anyway. But it's true that they've got their work cut out, in terms of keeping up with the Up and its siblings, which really have set the bar in terms of equipment and refinement, if not necessarily in terms of performance and economy. Perhaps that's where PSA and Toyota will have focused some of their attention.

• 2 weeks later...

Fail I hope the new one isn't super nice :P mines only 2 months old :/. But I have to admit to the people talking about other cars in direct competition they do include more for less price.

• 2 weeks later...

I found this pic on a Chinese car forum. Totally copied from the Aygo but do you think from the spy pics the new rear lights will be like these. Reminds me of a Renault 5. Lights like these make sense so you can get a bigger boot opening.

post-63082-0-75238700-1356058576_thumb.j

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links