Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Battery Underpowered?

chunky_tesco

Hi

I have notice that my CD changer cuts out every so often when I am driving, and it takes a while to switch back or I can turn the ignition off and back on.

I wonder if this has anything to do with the Yaris Battery being underpowered?

I am getting my amp and Speakers fitted this week, so if this is the case what sort of Battery should I replace it with ? I would like to know what power/spec of the Battery and how much it usually costs to fit?

Thanx

Kevin

what changer is it?

details are on the Battery, you can fit the Battery urself for free, depending on the amp, you mite need a second Battery or a power cap, mine 1.5F powercap was 75 quid

What's a power cap? I keep hearing about them, but I haven't got a clue what they are :wacko:

a power cap is (i think) a large capacitor which draws power form your Battery, stores it until its needed. ie when a sub/amp is connected the power from the cap is sent in a large burst giving enough power to the sub, and while the sub isnt moving, inbetween beats the power cap charges again.

well i think thats right, probably not the best explainataion!

that will do, also your lights wont go dull with the beats

yeah thataint a bad explaination actually, y eah i changed the Battery on mine cos i felt that it was underpowered got a 065 in mine now 630A i think it is. Got it from work so it was well priced!

ive got two batterys and a split charger

no probs at all

Aha. Thanks.

So it doesn't actually stop the battery running out then?

no, but alway make sure the engine is running when the system is on, can make the Battery life last longer

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links