Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Keep Old Iq Or Get New One?

Durham IQ

I'm trying to decide what the best thing is to do here... I have a 2010 Toyota IQ 1.33.

I'm coming to the end of my hire purchase and really like the car but should I risk hanging onto it or go for a new car on a similiar deal... Theres a lot of ifs and buts :disgust:

In the end, it's your decision dude. If I had the money, I would go for a new model as at least you know the warranty is three? NO, Five years now isn't it? Yeah. So, anything you thought was missing from the current car, get it on the new one. Or, keep the one you have now? Can't decide? Flick a coin, Heads or Tails. No coins, no problem. Flick a bogey instead; If it sticks to your finger, stick with the one you have, if it leaves your finger -no matter where it ends up- get a new one.

:lol2:

Apparently you can extend the warranty and it costs about £500 for 2 years which you can pay in 24 monthly interest free installments.

I guess one of my biggest worries is something terrible happening like what happened to my old Smart car when its engine blew after just 60,000 miles!

You always lose out financially when changing to a new car.

Sensible head would say get the extended warranty and spend a few pounds on some treats for your current iQ

£500 sounds a snip for 2 years' cover. I'm sure we were quoted around £320 for one year...

Dave

Don't forget you can get 3rd party warranties, you don't have to go for the Toyota one. They might be cheaper.

Apparently the Toyota warranty includes MOTs repairs if needed.

The reliablity of the car is the single most important reason for keeping the old car or getting a brand new one.... I hate hassles with cars as I lead a busy life.

Goodness ... Does anyone BUY cars anymore ?

Thé iQ is still available to lease at 0%..... Which for me was a no brainer.

Maximize the trade in potential of your iQ (its value will now continue to spiral down at an alarming rate) and drive away a spanking new one on a 3 year lease.

Thats all OK Nick if you can keep within the mileage limits!!!

True .....that consideration played an important part in my "no brainer" choice.

Having said that everything is negotiable including milage

I'm on 38k miles on a 2009 iq3 and so far , touch wood , no drama's and thats 34k miles in 26 months, it had done 4k as a demo before i had it.

• 2 weeks later...

Its all part of the depreciaton "U" graph. The pre loved value drops like a stone over the first few years ownership until the value reaches a level that depreciation year on year is flat., then climbs as the car becomes a classic.

I rather fancied a TR4-4A, again ! having had one in my formative years, Value now is about £30,000 for a good one !, I sold mine for £299 way back then ! Wonder if the Iq will go the same way ?

Rgds