Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Exhaust System

igormus

Hi folks

I ve got a question -- whether the muffle (p/n 17420) can be recon or stricktly subject to be changed on new one?

regards

post-46303-0-37536300-1351885095_thumb.j

I wouldn't even attempt it Igor. I think buying a new one is cost effective. Why do you ask?

i ve been surprised -- during 75k service disclosed rust origination even after have it painted. what is the life time of 17420 ?

any experience ? regards

Hi Igor

They all suffer from surface rust but it doesn't seem to cause any problems. I wouldn't bother about it, they seem to last ages. I don't think I've heard of anyone changing the exhaust on a 4.3 (excluding the CAT).

Hi Igor

They all suffer from surface rust but it doesn't seem to cause any problems. I wouldn't bother about it, they seem to last ages. I don't think I've heard of anyone changing the exhaust on a 4.3 (excluding the CAT).

For what it's worth, although ours are both 4.2's, the 5-door is now over 10 years old but the exhaust is sound - apart from the heat shield that rusted away and was removed by Mr. T at the last service.

if it will serve 10 years then i will say thanks to him

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links