Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Heated Seats

Now I know this is highly technical question.... This is the first car I have had with a bum warmer, i switch it on, it gets warm, it then goes off, comes back on again repeatedly, I don't touch the switch it stays on all the time. Is this normal? The book doesn't state anything apart from how to turn it on.

Gus

Not sure what you are asking Gus. It is thermostatic so it goes on and off but you can switch it off completely.

You nailed the question, wasn't sure if the heat was supposed to be a continuous heat or if it was thermostatically controlled, only used them for the first time today :-)

Gus

The ones in my new one seem much hotter than the old but I'm putting that down to only having to go through alcantara rather than leather. In neither did I ever notice them cut in and out. They remain hot for as long as they are on. I am sure they will have a thermostat for safety but maybe yours cuts out a little earlier than most, hence being more noticeable.

That or you just have a rather sensitive derriere... ;)

Have had them before, but these wans are HOT.....never on long enough to bring about thermostatic cutting off....what's the warmest part of the human anatomy? The sphinctus and rectum...so it seems a daft idea to roast them too. Now heated seat backs....that would be good.....

Rectum....? Rectum....? Damn near killed 'im....!!!!!!

Big Kev

!Removed!....? !Removed!....? Damn near killed 'im....!!!!!!

Lol Kev :D

Yes heated seat backs and back seats...for the lay-bys!! :D lol

Unfortunatly, in my U/C it,s not an option, so a Hot water bottle on cold mornings does come in handy!!!!

Regards Clare

The seat back IS heated......

No when you've got oan a muckle great fleece or faux sheepskin.Hands up all those who never knew sheepskins came off a faux....?

Are

The seat back IS heated......

Are you sure, doesn't feel like it, the bum warmer gets hot quickly and the cuts in and out, but never felt any heat from the back, in fact would like to get some back warmth.

Gus

I thought the lower part of the backrest was heated. That's how it feels at least. I guess the seat comes through quicker as the extra pressure ( no offence to anyone intended ;)) on that part!