Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lindop Chip Kit Fitted

Big Kev

Aided and abetted by assurances from That Kingo, I fitted the previously used in my SR180 Chip Kit to my couple of weeks old SR150 Rav, and to be perfectly honest the results were only.......stunning !!!!!

Same as previously, better and smoother acceleration, and effortless motorway speed cruising, along with the improved flexibility of. throttle openings feel. The auto box seems to have taken to it like a duck to watter, and changes if anything under normal driving have become even less detectable. When manual mode selected and "Sport" setting used, it really is great fun (albeit might be a bit nippy on the fuel doing that pernamently....)

My one and only brim t'brim test showed a very disappointing 30mpg under normal driving pre-Chip, so I wait with baited breath what it will be with Chip fitted......OBC has immediately started showing an improvement of some 4/5 mpg, but that may mean not a lot. I am fooly (?) aware this is a new engine, so a bit of loosening up to do.

Thanks to Kingo for advice thereon.

Big Kev

We also have to consider falling ambient temperatures Kev. We can ALL expect higher fuel consumption as winter sets in.

We also have to consider falling ambient temperatures Kev. We can ALL expect higher fuel consumption as winter sets in.

Hadn't allowed for that.....all else apart, I maybe played with the gearbox a few time too, which won't have helped.

The colder weather certainly plays a part, I've noticed a sudden decline of 3 or 4 mpg this week, we had the first very slight covering of the white stuff this morning.

You all need to come and live in Spain!!

My one and only brim t'brim test showed a very disappointing 30mpg under normal driving pre-Chip, so I wait with baited breath what it will be with Chip fitted......OBC has immediately started showing an improvement of some 4/5 mpg, but that may mean not a lot. I am fooly (?) aware this is a new engine, so a bit of loosening up to do.

Big Kev

Keep us posted Kev ;)

The Flying Scotsman rides again

Del

Ya said that with an oriental tinge there, Del min.....the word is Frying......

Cannae hekp masel rolling aboot the flair laffin. An oilly burning Big Kev frying his chip oan a 'fast' diesel RAV in cold weather :lol2: :lol2:

The cold weather is excellent with nice cold air flowing thru ma intercooler and helpin even nummer twa tae flee along at faster speeds with improved miles tae the tankfu tae!! Course, ma RAVs reach wurkin temprature afore a reach thurd gear. Guess yooz oil-burning clan must be wearin yur thermals noo.... an payin mair fur the oiltae. Whit a laff :lol:

Roll on the Commonweath games when us Scots wull surpass the drinking capacities o the rest o the teams all agither :pepsi:

So that,s the Frying Lanarkshire Man? One wonders if there is any Tarmac left on the roads round Glasgow when the Kev Express comes into town!!!!!!

Regards Clare

so whit maks yu thin k there wis any tar oan the streets aroon Big Kev in the furst place? Cobbles I say !

Aided and abetted by assurances from That Kingo, I fitted the previously used in my SR180 Chip Kit to my couple of weeks old SR150 Rav, and to be perfectly honest the results were only.......stunning !!!!!

Same as previously, better and smoother acceleration, and effortless motorway speed cruising, along with the improved flexibility of. throttle openings feel. The auto box seems to have taken to it like a duck to watter, and changes if anything under normal driving have become even less detectable. When manual mode selected and "Sport" setting used, it really is great fun (albeit might be a bit nippy on the fuel doing that pernamently....)

Thanks to Kingo for advice thereon.

Big Kev

Nice one Kev, glad all went well, you found that tricky boost pressure sensor location then? I had to use the services of a fat fingered technician to get that picture for you :D: :D: :D:

Kingo :thumbsup:

Did the box need any re calibrating ? Or was it a plug and play ? I thought these boxes were car/engine specific ?

It is the 30 MPG that is often reported that stops me from buying one of the last of the current cars... Another reason why I await the new model in case it has an engine that will give better figures....

This of course is not a major problem for those that cover few miles.....

Charlie

Kev has one of the older, non adjustable boxes, he returned it to me for updating

Kingo :thumbsup:

Kingo beat me to reply, Charlie....been oot golfing on a glorious autumnicated sunny day. Travel to golf meant using M8 from north Glasgow to deepest Renfrewshire (30 mins.)......OBC reading 38.2mpg both ways as I decided not to exceed 75mph. Second brim test now under way. Flexibility of Chip kit exactly as it transpired on the '180.....me happy chappy.

Big Kev

.....playing on casual seaweed, mate..

.....playing on casual seaweed, mate..

Now I know I talk in riddles sometimes....but please provide an explanation for this one Kev!! ;)