Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Windscreen Washer Fluid

Plutus

As you know the Rav does not have heated washer jets.

2 winters ago the solution suggested on here was to use neat or nearly neat fluid and I bought some which has now gone. It was greenish.

Problem is I've thrown way the container and a search on here reveals nothing.

Can someone please remind me the brand and where to buy as it was very good.

P.S. Drove a Mazda CX5 a couple of weeks ago.. 175bhp engine is very good.

Great value but I couldn't live with the body roll, even worse than the 4.2.

Seats were not very comfortable either.

New Honda, Ford Kuga Jan. Where is this new Rav?

I have never had any trouble wiith the cheapo brands if used neat,on the trucks I used to drive.

Been caught out with frozen fuel tho', both times on nights away,due to the truck being full when I jumped in it

However, I would never buy the premixed stuff,I can get water for free (nearly) from the tap.

Scrooge

Second on the neat stuff, especially Lidl as it is German spec and good to -10 or below - always check the back of the bottle for the temperature it works down to, a lot of stuff you buy here is only good to -2 or -5 and you will get colder than that here with windchill.

There are several from the northern parts / Scandinavia on here - has anyone insulated the pipes or thought up a way of heating the windscreen jets?

At worst - and I have done it in windchill of -20 - you can use the old Russian trick of buying some cheap vodka and adding that to your washer bottle. It actually worked out quite cheap (I would not have drunk that stuff) and there was only the washer fluid that would freeze solid available in the garage I had stopped at - the fact they sold booze tells you what sort of place it was! Not recommended as a long term use as apart from anything else it stinks, plus you will get funny looks, but will get you out of trouble when you are on an isolated road/motorway and your washer fluid starts freezing solid.

Make sure that you do not squirt too much around with a hot engine though...

FFS Tim......Kingo drinks that white spirit peesh.....he will be driving about shortly with a hole drilled in his windscreen, using the screenwash on a perfectly dry day, trying to remove the smearin' off (or Smirnoff......?) his windscreen.....

Witheld.

FFS Tim......Kingo drinks that white spirit peesh.....he will be driving about shortly with a hole drilled in his windscreen, using the screenwash on a perfectly dry day, trying to remove the smearin' off (or Smirnoff......?) his windscreen.....

Witheld.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing::excl:

Gives a new meaning to the term "window licker"!

Maybe all their trying to do is not let a drop of the precious voddy go to waste.

i used to use (-30 C) liquid all year round in order not to forget it in our Continental winter :)

the cleanning effect is the same or even better

regards

I've used Wilko's own stuff for a couple of years with no problems just as I'm always in there. They do a bonny pink one now for extreme winters too, looks very tasty.....

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links