Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Well I,m Gutted.....

Manxrav

Looks like my next Motor will have to be a Rav.Toyota have kicked the Urbancruiser into touch,no more imports into the UK.

Not really unexpected as it,s being dropped in the US as well ( Scion XD).The Yen and the fact the best little AWD that Toyota made ( except for the 3 door Rav) has not sold at all well in the UK.

Just at a time when all the other Car Manufacturers are bringing in small SUV,s Toyota decide to drop it.Ok it was very overpriced, but when you compare it to the prices of the New ones coming out,especially with AWD then they don,t seem overpriced.

So I will be looking for a Rav4 that does 60 MPG and has AWD, I think I am in Dreamland?

Regards Depressed Clare

Sorry about the Title, it will be amended shortly

Dumb Clare

Don't change it Clare,I should imagine that that new word would sum up your feelings exactly :yes:

I for one love it, no red underline from me :thumbsup:

Del

I have always thought the Urban Cruiser to be a wonderful car, especially with the AWD option. The exchange rate is killing new car prices, when we priced a new LC5 in March we had three days to order before a near 5k price rise !

Current RAV is all sold out now except for a few in dealers. There will be a market for good second hand RAVs soon especially if we get snow.

We might also get a peek at the new one now.

Don't change it Clare,I should imagine that that new word would sum up your feelings exactly :yes:

I for one love it, no red underline from me :thumbsup:

Del

This post is now obsolete

Now I am gutted also :crybaby:

Del

hi

perhaps they'll do what they should have done in the first place and come up with a NEW compact AWD/SUV.

I tried to like a U/C had a look in one several times,and it just didn't push my buttons in the same way as my NRG does.

Yes the 3Door Rav was an Icon, that Toyota started off a all new "ball game" with when it first came out all those years ago. The U/C is a love/hate car, but whether Toyota go back to a 3 door SUV remains to be seen. As the post says in the thread on the U/C section by Devon Aygo, Toyota are not planning to replace it at the moment.

One thing that I really would love to know is whether this is just a Toyota Uk decision or a Toyota Europe one?

Regards Clare

Could be Toyota are just stopping the import of Japan built vehicles because of the unfavourable exchange rate of the yen in Europe. They stopped importing Daihatsu's (largely Toyota owned and some of which are badged Toyota in Japan) for that reason. Perhaps we shall see a new RAV coming out as a result of the BMW tie up if that survives, How about a rebadged BMW X1 X-drive appearing anyone? after all, the tie up was originally reported as a desire for Toyota to utilise BMW diesel engines for European sales.

John

Toyota have dropped the Daihatsu brand because of exchange rates. Thats a pity as they were very underrated quality vehicles.

Daihatsu were underrated. If Toyota do stop building Rav's etc in Japan, it'll be a shame. They know how to build em over there. The exchange rate will hurt new Rav sales if they can't keep the price in the 25-30k bracket. When I bought mine 3 years ago, list was £24k ish, it's a good couple of grand higher now. That I'll turn buyers away.

There is a new RAV plant in Canada that build for the US market. Maybe that is the cost effective solution.

Toyota won't stop building in Japan, but it's not unthinkable that they could stop exporting Japanese built vehicles to the UK if the exchange rate pushes the price too high. Much as we like them, I doubt that sales of RAV's make a major contribution to Toyota profits when set against their European built models Avensis,Yaris and Aygo for example. Just my thoughts not a fully researched and referenced article.

Juyst saw your post Anchs, I believe there may be some significant differences between the American models and European not least is the lack of a diesel option.

Edited by Ex Tiff

They can soon build the Euro version - its just another variant like a straight 4 or V6.

i think toyota will miss a trick if they dont come up with a compact suv crossover. it must be a pretty good part of the market , why else would ford(kuga),vauxhall(mocha),skoda(yeti),kia(soul),VW (something based on the UP) , and all the rest be coming up with crossover/awd/suv compact models be it in 3 or 5 door versions.

they eventually saw the error of their ways over the 'lets drop the celica and anything else sporty' blunder and rectified it with the gt86.

i can only live in hope.i dont want or need a large awd like the latest RAV, and after having toyotas since 1974 I'm rather reluctant to change breeds.

Lucky for me the IQ3 is such a blinding little motor, so at least it prolongs the life of my 3 door until common sense prevails.

tony

I drove a Q3 yesterday. Very nippy with the 177 bp engine and auto box. has a space saver spare wheel.

Expensive but it will sell. Not for me, Seats uncomfortable and does not have the same quality feel as the Q5.

This was after I sat in the current Rav in the Toyota showroom. Quite comfortable.

Dealer said new Rav for sale from 1st march. Details published early jan. No space saver, Only a can of stuff.

Appearance will be quite different from the current model, as well as being longer.

Discussed engines only for auto. He said the current DCat will be replace/upgraded for the auto as CO2 and mpg are well behind competition.

No space saver, Only a can of stuff.

Oh dear, that could be a 4.4 out for me then amongst many others.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like my next Motor will have to be a Rav.Toyota have kicked the Urbancruiser into touch,no more imports into the UK.

Not really unexpected as it,s being dropped in the US as well ( Scion XD).The Yen and the fact the best little AWD that Toyota made ( except for the 3 door Rav) has not sold at all well in the UK.

Just at a time when all the other Car Manufacturers are bringing in small SUV,s Toyota decide to drop it.Ok it was very overpriced, but when you compare it to the prices of the New ones coming out,especially with AWD then they don,t seem overpriced.

So I will be looking for a Rav4 that does 60 MPG and has AWD, I think I am in Dreamland?

Regards Depressed Clare

i have a rav 4 2003 petrol auto converted to gas does equivalent 52-55mpg

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links