Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Trouble Starting

Jonathan Attree

Recently my Avensis has started playing up on me when i go to turn it on, it sounds like it starts then cuts off instantly it does this occasionally, but the past few days its doing it every time i go to start it with a cold engine, and its taking a few times to start up when the weather is very cold on a morning, does anyone have any clue what it could be, i've changed my Battery as i thought it could have been that but theres still no change, im in need of help.

check with SCV on the pump -- they play with you

Maybe check with glow plugs?? Just due to the cold weather this could contribute to these symptoms??

Regards phil

Maybe check with glow plugs?? Just due to the cold weather this could contribute to these symptoms??

Regards phil

You may find its the starter, replace mine two years ago and it's gone again on d4d model... As it gets worse it sounds like a flat Battery as eng chugs and dies, refuses to fire and takes longer to start the longer lyou leave it...

Get auto lec to check it...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links