Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris 2008 2L Diesel T3 Starter Problem

BJames

Hi, hoping you guys can help. When i cold start, straight after the engine fires up, it cuts out. Have to turn over 4-5 times whilst pumping accelerator to get it going in the morning.

Had EGR valve cleaned about 5 months ago which solved the problem last time this happened but this time Toyota say its not the EGR and they cant find anything on diagnostics, not even in history.

They've done an update to the fuel pump but problem still there, they have it in again today and tomorrow to try another update.

Sounds like fuel supply issue but they insist its more ECU issue than injectors or valves.

Cut out in standstill traffic on friday on m6 but restarted thank god! really need to get to the bottom of it!

Any ideas?

Hi All, just been contacted by Toyota, the update improved the start but it still cut out. They have said the SCV needs replacing which is about £300...

Hey someone else with the same prob! only place i've seen anything about the SCV is on the RAVs so far.... If you've already had the EGR cleaned recently then get the SCV checked out because it only gets worse. The worst thing is that theres no warning light or error codes so no clues...

Hope you get it sorted easily:)

Hi, hoping you guys can help. When i cold start, straight after the engine fires up, it cuts out. Have to turn over 4-5 times whilst pumping accelerator to get it going in the morning.

Had EGR valve cleaned about 5 months ago which solved the problem last time this happened but this time Toyota say its not the EGR and they cant find anything on diagnostics, not even in history.

They've done an update to the fuel pump but problem still there, they have it in again today and tomorrow to try another update.

Sounds like fuel supply issue but they insist its more ECU issue than injectors or valves.

Cut out in standstill traffic on friday on m6 but restarted thank god! really need to get to the bottom of it!

Any ideas?

change efuel filter and strat trials again

Hmm..my Avensis D4D of 11 years kicked up an engine warning light which was diagnosed as an SCV error. Similar price to fix. I didn't and the light didn't come on again. Mind you the result of the oil warning light was a different matter....hence brand new Auris!

• 3 weeks later...

I cleaned out the erg valve my self second day of having the auris, I'll clean the SCV valve my self not paying that much, YouTube will fix it :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links