Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris Hsd Tspirit Replacement Tyres(Not Winter)

fink-nottle

After 25K my front tyres need replacing.( TSpirit 215/45/R17) and I'm having problems deciding on replacements.The original Michelins are,apparently, no longer avallable and the Michelin site makes only 2 suggestions,neither of which seems appropriate. (Sports thingy or summat)

I don't want to spoil the average 55mpg (mixed motoring-uphill and downdale,some motorway and plenty of picking the grandkids up from school) I've enjoyed for the past 2 years-so I'm keen to hear of any recommendations.

I'm beginning to think I made a mistake in going for the Spirit (17in.wheels obligatory,and I NEVER use the Cruise Control) -{But still a great car}

Thanks to all for reading this-any ideas?

You don't give the speed rating, but www.blackcircles.com gives 81 different options for those sizes. My personal choice would be Falken Ziex912's as I bought those for my old Nissan Note and they were great. Good drip, comfy ride and bargain priced.

Hope that helps

On the Michelin site the replacement for the original Primacy HP is the Primacy 3. They are the quietest and lowest rolling resistance tyres there in the 205/45 R17 size. £143.20 on mytyres

Thanks to all for reading this-any ideas?

Have you tried advice from your Toyota Dealer, if they recommend and they don't work, you must have some 'come back' ??

Thanks all. The full tyre code is:215/45R17 87W.

The Michelin site makes only 2 suggestion ,one of which is a winter tyre,but they cannot exactly match the above spec.

I don't know how important the load and speed ratings are.

I have emailed Toyota to ask their advice and will keep you posted when they respond

I bought these and paid a tenner per corner to get them fitted, same size as yours (but on a 2010 Prius).

After having tried so many different brands over the years, I always tend to buy Michelins nowadays - the extra cost more than covers the extra miles I get from them.

Many thanks-The Michelin tyrefinder Wizard(on their UK site) is obviously faulty.

Am going for the Michelin Primacy.

Thanks once again to all who responded.

Thanks all. The full tyre code is:215/45R17 87W.

The Michelin site makes only 2 suggestion ,one of which is a winter tyre,but they cannot exactly match the above spec.

You're right, I had the wrong size in mind, they don't seem to do a 215/45R17 in the Primacy 3, which is strange because the other two suggested tyres have a greater rolling resistance, poorer wet stopping and higher noise.

Just had a swift and very courteous response from Toyota Customer Services who confirm that the Michelin Primacy is the recommended tyre and that it is readily available.

Michelin needs to get its act together as my preferred tyrefitter(Costco Leeds)is also unable to offer the Primacy in this size-and they sell nowt else but Michelin.

Their buyer must have consulted the Michelin website.

Just had a swift and very courteous response from Toyota Customer Services who confirm that the Michelin Primacy is the recommended tyre and that it is readily available.

That doesn't seem to be a low rolling resistance tyre but mytyres and the michelin wwebsite show it as GRNX which is the Michelin low rolling resistance mark, so maybe it is? What do your current tyres show (on the sidewall)?

http://www.blackcirc...6&tyre=18943907

http://www.mytyres.c...port=P&dsco=110

Primacy 3 is the new primacy but is not available in 215/45 sizes.

Have you checked out the Hankooks?

http://www.mytyres.c...port=P&dsco=110

Also a W rated tyre is a bit over the top for an Auris.

You will be ok with a H or V rated tyre or possibly a T (up to 118mph) if that helps.

Result !The Primacy HP has now appeared on the Michelin website as the only recommended tyre for my model.

I have ordered 4 from Costco Leeds (their stock system showed it as unavailable but a call to Michelin confirmed stock available.)

Costco have a 20% discount off Michelins until the end of the month(you have to buy 4 to qualify)

They will fit 2 now and I take the other 2 home which they will fit FOC when needed)

Works out at £110 per tyre inclusive of VAT and Fitting etc.-which is pretty good.(KwikFit quoted me £150 per tyre iclusive of a 25% discount!!)

Once again,many thanks to all.

• 1 month later...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links