Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3 Door Or 5 Door

chrissy

Hiya everyone, i had a 5 door rav4 until 3 years ago, got rid of it on scrappage scheme as it was starting to cost alot in repairs, got a Hyundai i10 and i dont like it, thinking of getting another rav, cant decide between 3 or 5 door, do they feel different to drive, any help much appreciated chrissy

If car only for you your wee self, Chrissy, 3 door may fit the bill, but believe me, they are TINY, and more importantly only legally / logistically seat 4 humans. If you are / were used to the five door version, with its 5 seats and decent luggage space, you would find the 3 door very limiting. There are many Ravs for sale on Ye Bay of both 3 and 5 door vintage, but move soon before onset of snow and seasonal price hike. Good Luck and seek help with choice hereon if need be,

Big Kev

Hiya everyone, i had a 5 door rav4 until 3 years ago, got rid of it on scrappage scheme as it was starting to cost alot in repairs, got a Hyundai i10 and i dont like it, thinking of getting another rav, cant decide between 3 or 5 door, do they feel different to drive, any help much appreciated chrissy

Welcome to the madhouse, Chrissy. We've got a 3-dr & a 5-dr 4.2, both petrol autos. 5-dr has good room & is essential for family duties. The 3-dr is fine for me on my own for commuting but is very limited space-wise in the back. Both are good to drive: 3-dr is "nippier", 5-dr a bit more comfy. Fuel consumption is better in 3-dr & that may be down to less weight although it's newer than the 5-dr so the ECU may be a bit more clever than the one in the older car.

We're very pleased with both of them. If it helps, if you need space, go for the 5-dr otherwise the 3-dr is becoming a bit of a cult car and may be a better long-term investment.

135000 miles and nearly 10 years in and my 3 door still makes me smile when i'm driving it.

for 2 of us and a dog it's ideal. We whip the back seats to go france to give us the extra space. its never had me strapped for room you can get a washing machine in the back ok, stick the Roof Rack on for car boots.

if you regularly have 4 up i must admit its a squeeze, 4 of us went in mine to angouleme in france and it was cozy to say the least.5 door would definitely have been better.

Not as Tiny as an i10 Kev.........

Imagine me and Kev in a i10 :sick: I would be squeezed ooot the other side :blush:

I'm not sure what age of car you are looking at but someone on here will know when the last 3 dr models were made. Is there one planned for the 4.4 model next year?

I'm not sure what age of car you are looking at but someone on here will know when the last 3 dr models were made. Is there one planned for the 4.4 model next year?

The last 3-dr was the 4.2, so probably 55 plates were the last with perhaps the odd 06 late registrations about.