Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Extended Warranty And Modified Tyres

sushd

Thinking of changing the tyres on our Prius Gen 2 as the tread is close to the min. limit but wish to buy 205/55/16/V instead of the specified 195/55/16/V .. the price difference between the two being the only reason to switch.

We have Toyota extended warranty on the car and was wondering if putting 205s instead of 195s will be an issue with regards to the extended warranty?

Any idea / information?

TIA.

I wouldn't think so. A lot of people put non OEM stuff on their car but as long as it's up to the OEM standard then it shouldn't affect the warranty.

I think your insurance provider is the one you should be asking!

Not saying that I wouldn't, just that you wouldn't want to invalidate your insurance by doing so.

Have checked up with the insurance provider. The premium will go up a few quids and they will issue a new policy from the date I inform them of the change.

Okay, Called up the Toyota warranty office and spoke to someone in the claims department. Was told that if the dealer is happy to go ahead with the change (in size) then there will be no issues from their end.

Have shot off an email to the dealership .... and waiting for an answer. Could have done it on the phone but don't want to be trapped with a verbal answer that can be denied at a later date! :dontgetit:

Sorted .... have confirmation from the dealership that the change in tyre size from 195s to 205s will not affect the extended warranty T&Cs.

Update: Michelin Energy Saver 205/55/R16s on all 4 wheels now!