Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2004 Avensis Cabin Heater Going Cold Suddenly

Turnwise

Hi folks, the heater output from my Avensis seems to be on the fritz - it'll blow warm air appropriate to the temp selected on the digital display, and then after 5 or 15 mins suddenly the airflow goes cold.....

Sometimes the heat comes back into it, sometime not.

The engine temp is stable all this time.

Any suggestions for where to start looking??

Thanks!

if all you said is correct then try to bleeb cooling system and escape an air from heating circuit

hm..I have dual zone AC and my heater works only on passenger side.. all vents on driver side(front window right part, centre right and near door right vents and rigth foot vent also) blows cold air only. Left side is ok..blows warm air as it should. Cant find out what coud be wrong there :( .. thermostat fitted with new coolant 4 weeks ago.. properly bleeded.. still no changes.

Happen me sometimes to, I fix it by circling the air flows through all the different and switching on off a/c and windscreen dismister ,also go from hot to cold and back again...

A click from behind the dash then happens and back to normal, sticking flap is the reason I'd say....

I had the same issue Turnwise. Try checking the coolant level, if it is low you could get intermittent heating.

thanks for advices.. coolan is in the midle of the expansion tank-always.

Rob Virgo.. already tryied couple times.. I've heard something about broken reostats from another toyo forums... but have no clue what the hell is that?!?