Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Avensis T25 With Wheels 8"

capi

Hi,

I have an Avensis T25, exactly, this is my car:

img00026peq.jpg

The wheels are 8" and I have a doubt... If I put the springs Eibach that down the car 2,5cm, could the rites touch the car?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

well dont think it will touch ..should be ok when driving straight but it might do some touches when u'll turn the wheels to side. Try to put your hand behind the wheel and get somebody to turn the steering wheel very gently. Then u'll see how much space u have left there. Hard to advice just from the pics.

Presuming that you have asked the supplier of the springs/lowering kit about this and got no answer you could try: putting the steering on full lock and placing a 25mm block of wood or similar on top of the tyre, directly below the wheel arch. That should give you an indication of the clearance available when the lowered suspension is not loaded. Next bounce the suspension down hard and watch how much clearance disappears. Now ask yourself how happy you are that the wheel wont foul the arch.

If you have access to a set of spring compressors you can do the above but use the spring compressors to squash the current spring, simulating a load on the suspension.