Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Handbrake Shoes

Pete W

Hi, just wondering if anyone can a part number for me. I am looking for a set of handbrake shoes, and toyota tell me they only sell them seperately. I have found a set online with the part number 04495-05040, but toyota don't recognise this part number. My car is a 2000 2.0VVTI estate, 1AZFSE. Any help greatly appreciated.

Hi Pete,

Checked the net too and came up with this link - http://www.shop4toyota.co.uk/product/SHOE_KIT,BRAKE_04495-05040

ToyoDIY came up with the kit on your part number and also labelled it 04495A. I used the cross reference function.

Try 04942-05030 spring kit, 04943-05100 adjuster kit. They are listed seperately.

eBay may also be a good place to look. Part King may know more.

Toyota should be able to find the parts you require, if I found the above. Maybe they don't have all the info.

Where do you live, because some countries have different markets.

Thanks for the reply. I am in the UK, i went on the link and it doesn't give any models that it fits. I can find shoes to fit, but to be honest the ones i mention are so cheap i think there must be something wrong. My local toyota dealer doesn't have the info on that part number, only that it is for an avensis, but can't give me which model

Are you aware that the new pad thickness is something like 3mm and minimum thickness is 1mm (on the T25 version anyway). They're don't tend to wear out much as they're only in use when the car is stopped. Perhaps yours only need adjusted?

Yea, took the discs off and linings are all but gone. They are the original shoes, and car has done 198000 miles, so not bad really. Shoes i bought were not for my car, so had to get a set of non genuine, but they were Bosch, so seem ok, also found one cable was seized up, so changed that as well. All ok now

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links