Do Not Sell My Personal Information

D-4D New Engine Servicing

JerryB

Hi everyone,

Hope someone can answer for me :- back in May I was lucky enough to have a new engine fitted by Toyota on my Avensis 2.0 D-4D under the extended warranty agreement. I wasn't given any information regarding the procedures for any checks / service arrangements for the new engine. The Toyota mechanic just said to have it serviced at it's normal interval (which is what? 10,000 miles? 1 year?). Car has been running fine (now covered about 6000 miles). I seem to recall that someone on the forum was told to go back after 1000 miles for a general 'once over' and 'tighten up' ? What do you think? Also is the £99 Toyota service quite good or do they 'find' things that need doing? Also if they suggest work and you don't really feel it is necessary at the moment and refuse their offer, will they still stamp your book/service record.

Many thanks, Jerry

Toyota's fixed price servicing for Avensis starts @£159.

My dealer never found extra things that needed doing.

I would imagine that they would still stamp your book but may annotate it if they really felt that something should have been done but was refused.