Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Second Hand 1Az-Fse O2 Sensor?

perdaniel

Last night I got the error codes on my car scanned, it turned out that 3 of the oxygen sensors are defective (both in the first row and the first in the second row). After buying the car money is a little tight, so I'm looking into the possibility of using second hand sensors. Because Avensises with the 1AZ-FSE engine are about as rare as hens teeth here in Norway, I'm not finding any on the breaker yards websites. Are there any other Toyotas that use the same oxygen sensors, or will I have to pay the dealership 7000NOK (700£) for three brand new sensors?

Could you not buy new from your local motor factor / store? Bosch often make a pattern part, failing that, PM me your chassis number and I will price new for you

Buying oxygen sensors second hand might prove costly in the long run, you could be replacing them again soo as you don't know the condition of the parts you are buying

Kingo :thumbsup:

Hi. I had same engine and same problem few months ago. After the check engine light came on, the diagnostic said - O2 sensor. The mechanic asked me if I want to try and change the spark plugs becouse they look like they are pretty old and he is 80% sure they are the reason for the error. I changed them and my car was cured just for £50. So you can try. Hope you'll be lucky too.

Hi. I had same engine and same problem few months ago. After the check engine light came on, the diagnostic said - O2 sensor. The mechanic asked me if I want to try and change the spark plugs becouse they look like they are pretty old and he is 80% sure they are the reason for the error. I changed them and my car was cured just for £50. So you can try. Hope you'll be lucky too.

That was interesting. As far as I know there are several different error codes related to the O2 sensors, the ones I got were, according to the test instrument, related to the heating elements of the O2 sensors. Was it the same error codes that you got? I have already ordered a second hand catalytic converter with all four O2 sensors for less than the price of one new O2 sensor, but I will also check the spark plugs.

Mate, I have no idea what was the exact code, just i am telling what the mechanic told me. But if I try to think logical you have 3 o2 sensors gone at once! Right? So there is something that cause this problem - maybe unproperly burning fuel by diyng spark plugs?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links