Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Sheared Glow Plug

willied

help required

I have a sheared glow plug in a 2004 d4d avensis, the glow plug is still installed but is twisted off center,my question is has anybody had this problem before and was it hard to fix ,i am not sure if the helicoil is gone or if its just the body of the glow plug that is sheared.

I will try to drill it out but if anyone has had this problem before, it would be a great help to know any potential pitfalls .

regards

Willie.

Ouch! Is there any way you can get it out? I've had a few go mad on me from other marques of cars! I've sprayed the hell out of them with WD40 and left them over night and managed to get them out in the morning. I always copper ease them whem I replace the plugs so they come out without any issues the next time...

Hello Sir!

Sharpened three square file, driven like wedge into plug body, release hot only. New plug thread cover with graphite powder and then only tighten. Thank you.

I have a glow plug eng managment light and mister T said they regulary break removing them and that's head off job, cost e2000.....

Have left it two years now without major probs....

Sorry not helping you just warning others they may not have to change them....

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links