Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Induction Systems

AndileC

Does anyone know exactly how they work? I just see a performance filter with a piece of piping connected to it.

Is there more inside the piping\tubing?

What power gains are likely when one is fitted (properly)?

Is it feasable to put one on a 2E engine (12V 1.3)?

Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

If I'm not mistaken, you're talking about a any regular intake. A cold air intake has a longer pipe and is exposed to the cooler air outside the bonnet. As for forced induction, I'm not quite sure how that works.

:arrgg-matey:

Thanks for the info. Got some more on SA toy forum and I've realised you can't use induction sys on a carb.

I think instead of trying to squeeze small power gains out of the 1.3 Ill just keep on saving for a 4AGZE conversion

Induction kit is basically just a large air filter and bracket bolted in place of the air box. The larger filter means less restriction of flow into the engine that should make the engine rev more freely and may even add a couple of bhp! On turbo engine, turbo lag should also be reduced. For best results, use in combination with a performance exhaust and (if legal - depends on age of vehicle) a cat replacement pipe.