Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1St Anniversary Of New Engine Fitted & 23K Later

blue monster

Well, it was exactly 1 year ago tomorrow (9th November 2011) that we picked our T180 back up from Lindop's after getting a new motor fitted due to the old dreaded excessive oil consumption. Can't believe where the time has gone :P

So, a few facts first of all, we have covered approximately 23,500 miles in the last 12 months with the fantastic Lindop's chip kit. The car has used probably some where in the region of 1.0 - 1.5 litres of oil (Mobil 1 ESP 5w-30 fully synthetic) over this duration which I think is totally acceptable. We have kept the car fully serviced with Mr T so Lindop's have seen our car twice within the last 12 months which is pretty mad with the 10k service intervals - the wife needs to get a job closer to home :eek:

The car has run faultlessly since the new engine was fitted and we are extremely happy with how Toyota dealt with the whole thing so will be keeping a hold of it for a good while yet. :thumbsup:

Is the oil consumption consistant or has it settled down now?

FFS Martin min....did you marry an Arctic Explorer....? 23.5 k miles....!!!!!

Bothy just read the question above, and thinks you've married an HGV mechanic.......

Thanks for sharing the good news.

Big Kev

Don, the oil consumption has settled down, I haven't had to put any in since our last service 3,500 miles ago and put hardly any thing in between the previous 10k intervals. It was mainly the 1st 10k which you had suggested may happen due to me using fully synthectic on a new engine.

Kev, I've bought shares in Shell :laughing: