Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tyres - Online Shops

webleymk3

So looking at winter tyres and am unenthusiastic about he lack of selection at Black Circles and Camskill. So a quick Google comes up with a company called 'Oponeo'. They have an impressive array of tyres all with free delivery and are cheaper than the norm for most tyres. For example £109 delivery for a Yokohama G091.

Has anyone used this motley crew before? Anyone got any reason to think they are not genuine..

Further I am looking at winter tyres and was toying between the coopers and the nokians. Anyone any opinions in either?

Cheers.

Tyred Wibalot

People like Black Circle give an all in price for fitting tyres. but having the tyres deliverd to you means the fitting,valve,balancing,tyre dispoal is on top of the purchase price.That can mean an extra 15/20 quid each tyre.

Had a pair of Bridgestones fitted at Kwik fit a while ago and they were the cheapest of any others online. I could not fault the service i received.

The tyre price seems reasonable but when you factor in the fitting, balancing etc maybe not ? I haven't used openeo. I spent a while sourcing my winter tyres and got an unbeatable deal within a few miles of home, £131.00 a tyre fitted etc for Continental Winter Contacts which won several winter tyre tests i found online.

.....and furramore, one will be treated like a leper if one goes to any of the nationals and asks for these tyres to be fitted.....they only want to supply AND fit....make sure you have and indie in place prior to purchase, and as the chaps above have explained, ye micht find yer wee Edinburgh pocket lighter at the end of the exercise.

Been There Kev

Yes i bought a couple of tyres on line,can't remember the company now, for the first RAV?

I phoned our local indy tyre center up,which we have always used, and asked if it would be ok for them to fit these two tyres and to be honest we got a frosty reception when we took em along for fitting,then they fitted two duff valves,which i complained about and they blamed the wheels and Toyota been well known for fitting poor alloys.A few choice words were exchanged and we went to another indy who just changed the valves and they were fine.

The tyres were cheaper on line,which the tyre center said they couldn't get,but i think it cost us more with running around etc.

So looking at winter tyres and am unenthusiastic about he lack of selection at Black Circles and Camskill. So a quick Google comes up with a company called 'Oponeo'. They have an impressive array of tyres all with free delivery and are cheaper than the norm for most tyres. For example £109 delivery for a Yokohama G091.

Has anyone used this motley crew before? Anyone got any reason to think they are not genuine..

Further I am looking at winter tyres and was toying between the coopers and the nokians. Anyone any opinions in either?

Cheers.

Tyred Wibalot

please also consider DUnlop Grandtrek SJ6

i have the same in winter

It might be worth getting a price from your local Mr. T. My daughter's Aygo needed a pair of fronts and after checking out various online deals, I was surprised to find that my local Toyota dealer was cheaper - and they're collecting the car from her workplace & returning it later today. I reckon that's pretty good service.

That is good service Jim and is why i think Mrs P would like to keep with our local Toyota dealer for the service as they have offered a similar sort of thing when doing the service.

Mr T is £164 per tyre for Yokos. I can get fitting for £50 all in at a local Indie making a set of Coopers fitted, £510.

I think thats the way it's going to go.

Costco are doing 20% off a set of 4 fitted. gonna check them out tomorrow before buyng. Anyone know what tyres they do?

Web

Mr T is £164 per tyre for Yokos. I can get fitting for £50 all in at a local Indie making a set of Coopers fitted, £510.

Costco are doing 20% off a set of 4 fitted. gonna check them out tomorrow before buyng. Anyone know what tyres they do?

Web

I've got Cooper CS4's on my 3-dr and they are first-class. Good grip, wearing well & fairly quiet. I'd fit them again.

That is good service Jim and is why i think Mrs P would like to keep with our local Toyota dealer for the service as they have offered a similar sort of thing when doing the service.

Hi Paul,

At the end of the day, main deallers need to make money just like everyone else - the economic facts of life are the same for them as they are for indies. Customer loyalty therefore is important.

As I've said, I only came across one crap Toyota dealer (and they were Lexus/Toyota service agents as opposed to franchised dealers) in the UK and I've used a few of them (Cheshire, Manchester, Staffs, Leics, S. Yorks); apart from that one, they have all been very good.

Having said that however, don't ever hesitate to query Mr.T's prices, they are just as amenable to competition as anyone else.

of course you must to have at least 5-6 offers to chose a good value offer

regards

Web

Costco only sell Mitchelin.

Just got 4 x Vredestein Wintrac 4 Xtreme "snowflake-on-the-mountain" winter tyres fitted this morning.

Best price was http://www.tyremen.co.uk/ part of the UK National Tyre Network.

Free delivery on a full set (although I ordered another one for my spare today and there was no delivery charge on it - so you might get lucky).

They also deliver to local fitter, with fitting in their price. 45 mins and I was all done and home.

Also checkout http://lovetyres.com/ who were second cheapest.

Camskills might be cheaper - if they ever have them in stock. But I don't think they deliver to local fitters.

Not winter tyres, but I paid 118.00 each fitted for 2 new standard fit Yoko G91a's at my local independent last Friday. My rear Yokohamas

lasted 43.5k and still had 2.8mm on them. Online is nt always cheapest.

Try Tyresonthedrive.com Cheapest by far for bridgestones and fantastic service too