Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Regens?

Thumperzz01

I have noticed that when my car is fully warmed up after 30 - 50 miles on the motorway it starts to kick out a series of short white / grey puffs of smoke from the exhaust.

They can be on a steady throttle whilst cruising ( not cruise control) or on acceleration / deceleration.

I only notice them in the rear view mirror as a quick puff of smoke and after 5 or 6 occurrences they disappear.

Anything to worry about? I assume they are regens

The car is an SR180 2008 and is coming upto 60,000 miles performance is good and averaging high 40s fuel consumption for mainly motorway driving.

I am taking it in for a service next week hence my question whether this is normal from others experience.

Previously when the car was doing only short journeys during winter months the grey smoke was more like a two stroke trail which only cleared when the throttle was gunned only to appear at the next set of traffic lights - you could really see cars hang back and the smoke hang inthe air!

Regards

Pete

i have the same small puffs come out of mine only happens very rarely though like once every 2 or 3 months

Mine only regens if I've done a few short cold start runs in the same week. Usually I do my best to avoid those & it rarely needs to cycle. Longer sustained rpm drives are far healthier for DPF longevity. I got 42.9 MPG from my last fill-up - that's a mix of A & B class roads plus a little dual carriageway. It's interesting to note how much more fuel these engines use during cold weather & using the climate control.

Mine happen quite regularly probably every two to three weeks.

However most of my motorway journeys are between 100 - 150 each way with some stop start driving in between.

Pete

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links