Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I Wonder- Please Explain Anchs

Manxrav

First of all please don,t kill me if I,m wrong or stolen your thunder, Don. Whilst on the forum as we post I just happened to notice the Rav4 model description on your post.

2012 Rav4 SR Decuma Grey?

Please explain?

Surely not Vermillion Red?

Regards inquisitive Clare

You are the first to notice. If anyone has tried buying a RAV lately there are none. I wanted a RAV SR and they found me one sitting in a dealer somewhere darn sarf. I only got it last night and have taken the first picture today. I now officially own an SR! The way things were going I would have ended up keeping the XT-R but RRG sorted me out.

It seems very very nice and there will be more reports to follow. You will have notice the absence of reports on the red one. That was because I was waiting to see how things turned out.

True Don, me for one noticed the absence of any reports on the Red one.It,s amazing how quick they have sold on all stocks of "new" Rav 4,s.I wonder if the Dealers have pre-regged a lot of them to keep Toyota sweet!!!!

Regards Clare

Did you have it in your profile thingy on the left Don as i thought i saw Vermilion red in there when i was reading some posts but it changed back to the grey :g:

Anyway will look forward to seeing the piccys Don,nice one :thumbsup:

You are the first to notice. If anyone has tried buying a RAV lately there are none. I wanted a RAV SR and they found me one sitting in a dealer somewhere darn sarf. I only got it last night and have taken the first picture today. I now officially own an SR! The way things were going I would have ended up keeping the XT-R but RRG sorted me out.

It seems very very nice and there will be more reports to follow. You will have notice the absence of reports on the red one. That was because I was waiting to see how things turned out.

I have to ask, Don: with the new 4.4 so close to release, wouldn't it have made sense to hang on for a couple of months before buying? Even if you eventually didn't like the new one, as Claire has said before, there must be a load of dealer reg demo 4.3's around.

Or has RRG given you a sneak preview of the 4.4?

Did you have it in your profile thingy on the left Don as i thought i saw Vermilion red in there when i

Yeah, it was there Paul. As there was a chance that I would be changing I didn't bother with any updates. The new one would get undersealed (although the Dinitrol exercise won't take place with this one). Now I'm settled, the car will get reversing sensors and mudflaps and those lovely 18" wheels will get stored while the new Saribus wheels and Yoko winter tyres go on.

I have to ask, Don: with the new 4.4 so close to release, wouldn't it have made sense to hang on for a couple of months before buying? Even if you eventually didn't like the new one, as Claire has said before, there must be a load of dealer reg demo 4.3's around.

Or has RRG given you a sneak preview of the 4.4?

Nope, no sneak preview. RAV 4.3s are like hens teeth at the moment but there are odd ones. The same exercise will be taking place in other markets but Toyota aren't going to leave themselves with redundant stock. As soon as the new one is out of the bag, most owners will indeed hang on and current model values will fall to some extent.

Why didn't I wait? It was really the deal that did it for me. They have this interest free PCP at the moment. Twenty percent down, 35 payments and the final payment all add up to the discounted price with not one penny interest. My last car paid the deposit and they transfered the rest into my bank account which is enough to cover that last payment. I am really only paying the depreciation as I go and my capital makes a couple of percent in the bank. It puts me back to square one with a 5 year warranty. For most people a car is a tool - a necessary thing to get about. For me it is more than that and I just enjoy fiddling (as if you didn't know!). This car will run up to my retirement at which time I might look at the new one. I think the new one will be more upmarket and no doubt fully loaded but I prefer to give a new model a little while to eek out any bugs. I really like the 150 engine in this model and would be wary of a BMW based engine if the tie up is that far advanced. So, the deal and wanting a proper look (before I leap) is what made me do it now.

Don, re current model values fall, doesn,t hold much hope for my beloved U/C,s value when I decide to change!!!!!!

Hate to think what the topic of conversation is when you and Big Kev meet up, it will be a case of have I got in the "Right Rav". Knowing Kev he will switch the Reg plates around as a joke!!!!!

Regards Clare

Can I answer Jamesy Firemac, coz I was surprised nobody asked me why not wait....?

1. Toyota did not cover themselves in glory with some of the shuch that went down / wrong with the 4.3, albeit they fixed them in the main. I did not fancy a brand newy with all the gremlinical possibilities it carried. I bought a car with all that stuff fixed.

2. My SR180 was worth between £11-12k according to certain motoring Guess Sites.....it would have been worth about £7-8k after the launch of the new one "some time next year". I traded it in for less than the highest offer I was made privately, in part to spite speculatory sphincti. I do not expect my new one to devalue by the same percentage. The SR180 may also have become a less desirable car due to its fuel return reputation.

3. As explained by Johnnie Two Ravs above, using my car as deposit and the remainder at interest free was a no brainer. When this one paid off, and a wee bit longer, if I am still of this earth and the POSSIBLE gremlins of a hopefully radically changed model are ironed oot, I may look again.

Clare....it is apparently against RRG policy to hang fluffy dice and wee Adidas football boots from other customers' new vehicles....spoilsports....tried ma best.

Big Kev :thumbsup:

Clare

The difference is that when the UC stops there will be no small 4WD to replace it. Your car will continue to drop in value at the current rate and may even attract good prices for clean ones.

Here is the said new vehicle. It is this colour to totally baffle the folks in Kevs street when we visit.

IMG_1258-1.jpg

It was actually going dark (the side lights are on) so not such a brilliant photo.

......and it is worthy of note that yey again, a new car has been photo'd outside ma gaff without permission....

So thats your Country retreat in Derbyshire then Kev!!!!!! Like our,s overhere except we don,t have the Turrets.

Regards Clare

Similar situation on this side of the pond. The 2012's are thinning out and people are snatching up the V6 models due to the handwriting on the wall saying the V6 is history for 2013. Although we will know for sure on 28 November, here are two of the latest artist renderings of what the 4.4 RAV4 might look like:

2013-Toyota-RAV4-CarScoop-%23.jpeg

2013-toyota-rav4-artists-rendering-photo-467236-s-986x603.jpg

James, the first photo is more likely to be a near reflection of the "New" Rav, I think in all honesty the second photo is a photochop of a current model Rav with an Avensis front end. If you look at the first photo it is like I have posted before, a "Pumped-up Auris" which follows Toyota,s current design thinking.

Regards Clare

Cheeses, you blink on here and what happens.....................................................................................................

I went past Colchester Toyota the other day,on my back from a walk. Only 2 Rav4 4.3's on the entire forecourt.

There must have been about 20 Aygo's,10 Yaris's and couple of GT86's.

Seems its all based on cheap economical cars these days.......not for me, i like a decent bit of car to drive around in,something that actually feels like a good strong car,and looks that way as well.

What do you think? I put on the Yokohama W.Drive winter tyres and Saribus wheels today (Saribus is the name of a palm plant apperently). This shows the wheel and tyre;

IMG_1261-1.jpg

......and this, the asymetric tread;

IMG_1264-1.jpg

I also fitted the mudflaps and then took it up Rushup Edge. The hills in the background overlook Edale and the southern end of the Pennine Way. No doubt Kev will claim it as his back yard!!!

IMG_1269-1.jpg

and't r send..........

IMG_1271-1.jpg

Rambs would like it up there but its far too hilly for me. I was expecting the tyres to be much noisier than the standard Duellers but I cant tell. In fact the car is so quiet I can't even tell its a diesel. It is a delight to drive. The other thing I've noticed (as I'm sure you all would) is that there is absolutely no soot in the exhaust. All the gubbins in the D-CAT system works!

Looks lovely Anch's. Notice you have fitted mud flaps aswell. Did they go on ok? Should get some for min really.

Yes they went on a treat. Mine has those wheel arch extensions which require a different flap to the standard ones. Quite straight forward. Don't know what is up with photobucket but this should have been on;

IMG_1267-1.jpg

Makes yours easy to identify Don yours has 4 flaps, Kev is 2 short of a full set..... :-)

Dom, flaps go on fine, the only issue is if you have the premium side steps fitted, then the Dremel has to come out for the front two

Gus

Needs roof rails, Fella. Doesn't look right without 'em....

I have the side steps, I think they finish the car off well. I go on some pretty rutted tracks, and the mud goes everywhere. I take it Kingo would be able to supply me with a set? That reminds me, need to ring him for a rear wiper.

Needs roof rails, Fella. Doesn't look right without 'em....

Don't let Kev's Mrs hear you say that!

She is one of the nicest people ah have ever married....now.....roof rail stockists....Google.....