Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hi All

dyer864

Hi All !

Joined today , so hello to you all

need some help !

Firstly my wife as just got a 2ltr xt3 -r on a 05 plate after changing her 1.8nv on a 2000 plate (yes i know,when we bought it we didn't know it was 2wd, how many more people have done the same, even the garage by me didn't know there were 2wd version) and absolutely loves the new car , full spec leather etc. etc.

Well after the wife having a Rav4 for over 6 years without a gliche, these cars are so reliable, so much so that i've decided to join the club myself lol.

Firstly i owned a supra for 5 years totally reliable , then after a real bad snow fall 2 years ago decided to trade it in for a 2003 frontera swb ! omg wot a mistake, having it for over 2 years i havn't stopped paying out on it, so unreliable . so this weekend i'm joining the club and getting a Rav4.1 just to get me thro the winter months.

So the question is at last you all say is, can i fit 245/70/16's AT tyres to my rav as i can get a real good price on these from a guy i know. :g:

Pics to follow of both Rav's as soon as :)

thanks Dyers

Welcome to the club. Kev has experimented with different tyre sizes, maybe he can help?

Welcome to the club. Kev has experimented with different tyre sizes, maybe he can help?

Ok thats great thanks !

Any idea how i can contact Kev , or just search kev on members board.( is there just one kev ! )

is there just one kev !

If it's Big Kev . . . . Then there is only one of him . . . although that's more than 2 of most on here :lol:

is there just one kev !

If it's Big Kev . . . . Then there is only one of him . . . although that's more than 2 of most on here :lol:

Noted, inglander........big wheel turns.....

Hi All !

Joined today , so hello to you all

need some help !

Firstly my wife as just got a 2ltr xt3 -r on a 05 plate after changing her 1.8nv on a 2000 plate (yes i know,when we bought it we didn't know it was 2wd, how many more people have done the same, even the garage by me didn't know there were 2wd version) and absolutely loves the new car , full spec leather etc. etc.

Well after the wife having a Rav4 for over 6 years without a gliche, these cars are so reliable, so much so that i've decided to join the club myself lol.

Firstly i owned a supra for 5 years totally reliable , then after a real bad snow fall 2 years ago decided to trade it in for a 2003 frontera swb ! omg wot a mistake, having it for over 2 years i havn't stopped paying out on it, so unreliable . so this weekend i'm joining the club and getting a Rav4.2 just to get me thro the winter months.

So the question is at last you all say is, can i fit 245/70/16's AT tyres to my rav as i can get a real good price on these from a guy i know. :g:

Pics to follow of both Rav's as soon as :)

thanks Dyers

The one you need on tyre sizes / suitability is really that Marsked Man, Marskey....would normally have said Lone Ranger, but not PC in Glasgow at the moment. Suffice to say I almost immediately changed wife's 3 door Rav from 235/55/17's to 60 profiles due to woeful potholes in This Scotland, and not like me, I was correct, albeit they are a bit more "bouncy". To put 70 profiles on a 16" wheel requires better knowledge than me, and may come out at the same "rolling radius" reply, but just be aware what you wish to achieve as far as comfort is concerned.

Big Kev

ok great guys thanks for your help !

So i wouldn't have issues of tyres rubbing wheel arches on full lock etc.etc.

I doubt it if you are changing the width by 10mm (20 overall) but are you fitting different rims?

No keeping the same rims !

Just picked up my Rav4 Freesstyle ltd.editions on a 98 plate up from coventry today, with 120k & full service history, body work in very good condition , a few scuffs on the front bumpers(wot u xpect 2 lady owners from new lol) £1200 with 12mth's tax ! doesn't seem too bad .

It is currently running on 235/60/16's so can i get 245/70/16's AT tyres on these rims ?

Hello all,another newbie who bought his first toyota yesterday.Anyway i need new tyres and when looking online yesterday after putting the reg in i was given these sizes 235/60 H16 but having looked on the car the actual tyres are 215/70 R16.

Can anyone explain why this is and whats the difference.

Sorry i dont mean to hijack this thread but it seems on a similar vein.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links