Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Car Or Waiting?

I'm afraid we are gonna wait......................Till we win the Lotto :D

Think we'll be waiting a long time. :dontgetit:

Keep waiting and be happy, two big winners in our village over the past ten years, 4.2 and 7.8 million, split both families and caused them no end of troubles. To keep to the purpose of the forum, neither family bought a Toyota !... :nono:

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• rambler

• DominicPriestley

• firemac

• Paulus17

Keep waiting and be happy, two big winners in our village over the past ten years, 4.2 and 7.8 million, split both families and caused them no end of troubles. To keep to the purpose of the forum, neither family bought a Toyota !... :nono:

In order to keep on topic, any lottery winner can donate their winnings to their favourite TOYOTA parts man, Kingo of parts

Skinto :thumbsup:

I could be persuaded by an LC in the near future. Current Rav will go to SWMBO and we'll move her Yaris on. I'd look at the Shogun aswell. Hilux no good to me as I couldn't let the dog travel in the back, she's used to the luxury of the Rav boot.

I've always sort of regretted selling my LC4 (apart from the Astral Black paintwork, which I was absolutely DELIGHTED to see the back of!). I'm interested in seeing what the 4.4 is like since I too never really took to the 4.3. I reckon it didn't have the chunkiness of the 4.2.

If the 4.4 does end up like the CX5 et al, then I fear that I may move on from Toyota - the Shogun has always been on my shortlist.

I like the Shogun, I had a swb diesel some years ago which was faultless, the boot space is the killer on the swb though. We currently have an LC4 which is an incredible thing and in my humble opinion the better vehicle of the two although the Shogun might be more pleasing to the eye.

Our LC was a 57-reg and had essential butch looks and I thought the plastic cladding at the bottom of the doors was brilliant since it prevented any sort of damage to the metalwork underneath.

The new one however seems to have gone the same way as the 4.3 RAV -vs - the 4.2, i.e. it doesn't look as good (INMVHO) and any add'l protection is a cost option, which to my mind is daft on what is supposed to be the best SUV on the market. Whist I like most of the improvements such as the fold-away 3rd row seats, better space, etc. the look of the car is no way as appealing as the previous model.

I just hope that Mr.T has seen the error of his ways & takes the 4.4 back to its SUV roots rather than producing another wannabe cross-over.

I'm afraid we are gonna wait......................Till we win the Lotto :D

Think we'll be waiting a long time. :dontgetit:

I'm not greedy,either the .2 or .8 out of those wins would do me :thumbsup:

Might even be able to get Gringo to reach his target as well ;)

Must stop looking at LC's and Shoguns. SWMBO will kill me.

I'm interested in seeing what the 4.4 is like since I too never really took to the 4.3. I reckon it didn't have the chunkiness of the 4.2.

If the 4.4 does end up like the CX5 et al, then I fear that I may move on from Toyota - the Shogun has always been on my shortlist.

Like both of you,the Rav4 has drifted away from the chunky look which i really like,its gone along the lines of 4wd car,and almost arrow shaped front end,very pointy and not chunky ,hard, and tough enough.

So yes the Shogun will probably be my next vehicle ( second hand one though ) as to be honest,now me and my girlfriend are back together....yahoooooo,i definatly need more space for stuff !,and my 3 door rav just isnt big enough.

The only thing is......why oh why are 3-5 year old shoguns so cheap....compared to LC''s

It's probably to do with the size of the manufacturer. Mitsubishi are bought by people who know how old they are, and what they are capable of. I would say they are nt a mainstream manufacturer, I wouldn't even be able to tell you where my nearest dealer is. Toyota on the other hand, massive manufacturer presence, advertising etc. and the LC has a legend all of its own.

It's probably to do with the size of the manufacturer. Mitsubishi are bought by people who know how old they are, and what they are capable of. I would say they are nt a mainstream manufacturer, I wouldn't even be able to tell you where my nearest dealer is. Toyota on the other hand, massive manufacturer presence, advertising etc. and the LC has a legend all of its own.

I see what you mean Dominic,i really like the dash / interior of the Shogun,and its affordable,i'm looking at 54-06 reg 3 door vehicles,with 60-100'000 on the clock,the only things are stitching on seats and the odd stereo gone wrong.

But as long as they are looked after,should be ok ,full history etc....as you say they have a huge following.We have a Mitsi main dealer in Colchester,right on the edge of the A12 ,so easy for me to get to...15 mins from where i live.

Where'as you and me know that an LC,has very little issues and built to last, can go on for years,but thats where its warrants 10k + price tags for similar age vehicle.

I hate iPads. First paragraph of my post above reads like gobbledygook!

I agree that the LC does deserve its premium price tag. A Shogun at that age and mileage should see you right for a good number of years. What spec have you been looking at? Is there much difference between Warrior spec and the rest? Auto or manual?

I hate iPads. First paragraph of my post above reads like gobbledygook!

I agree that the LC does deserve its premium price tag. A Shogun at that age and mileage should see you right for a good number of years. What spec have you been looking at? Is there much difference between Warrior spec and the rest? Auto or manual?

I Whats ????...i only have a farely dated desk top here....not the best lol.....anyway.

Been looking at a few models on auto trader / eBay within 40 miles of colchester, found 3 or 4, choice of 3 or 5 door,all for between £5500 and £7500.,a warrior 3 door for £5400 but 140'000 on clock ? ? ?...mmmmmm

Still a lot of vehicle for money,some 5 doors elegance on 56 plate for £8500...bit pricey but low 30'000 miles !

Hows about THIS one.??

Now that is a machine ! I know a site engineer who put just over 100k on one in not much over two years, 50k or so of that was pulling a four-wheeled box trailer, he tells a story of how it let him down one winters night when a dipped headlight bulb failed heading back to Saddleworth over the snake path :nono: :nono: . He was so dissapointed he bought another and another, he has a 'baby Cruiser like mine now, an lc5 but doesn't cover as many miles. That Amazon would get my vote over a Shogun.

Hows about THIS one.??

My Computer's trend security blocked that link..... :dontgetit: says page is dangerous .....sorry.,dying to see what it is though.

It's a LC on Ebay Rambs.

Here is the item No -110976712533 if that helps any?

Hi Paulus.....many thanks indeed.

Lovely beast indeed,they......are .......very.....very nice,love the spacious interior ,well layed out dash,...looks a real beauty!,but they......are just too expensive to run,being a 4.2 ,we all know that could well cover 300'000 miles easily..but...only for the rich IMHO.

I see loads of these on E**y ,the interiors seem to be good strong material,or well crafted leather ,hardly ever any wear and tear,which is why they command the price tag.....

This seems silly, but if the LC colorado had the Amazon dash,i'd snap one up tomorrow....as i like the shape of the colorado,but hate the outdated dash.

I really like the Amazon,but its engine is just too big.....its what it needs,and its bloomin superb,but my pockets arn't that deep.

A very good friend of mine , lives neaby,changed from a N reg disco tdi,to a 02 Amazon about 2 years ago it had 125'000 on the clock when he bought it.,reckons its the best thing he ever done,he tows his full sized twin wheel base caravan to scotland several times a year,tows it over wet muddy fields...no issues.

But he is in retirement, and two dogs etc etc....but he says he sacrificed running costs of the 4.2 for the reliability.

He spent ££££'s constantly repairing his disco over the years,....now he just drives his Amazon in comfort and pleasure ........

They are indeed a great looking motor.We sat in one at the showroom when the Rav was in for its MOT and and they had a job getting me back out of it :naughty:

But as you say very expensive to run i should think,so unless that Lotto win comes up we will just have to keep dreaming.

There was one on eBay last week a white one which had done 245,000 and the owner still reckoned it was in excellent condition,and it looked it inside and out :eek:

They are indeed a great looking motor.We sat in one at the showroom when the Rav was in for its MOT and and they had a job getting me back out of it :naughty:

But as you say very expensive to run i should think,so unless that Lotto win comes up we will just have to keep dreaming.

There was one on Ebay last week a white one which had done 245,000 and the owner still reckoned it was in excellent condition,and it looked it inside and out :eek:

The LC isn't as expensive as people sometimes think.

I had a 57-reg LC4 but sold it because it was becoming a driveway ornament. Nevertheless I found it to be relatively inexpensive to run. I put 30K miles on it up to Feb '10 when I sold it and it only ever needed 10K services (never more than £250 - not bad given the complexity & on-board systems), was still on the original Dunlop Grand Trek tyres, returned 30 mpg, never used oil and was an absolute delight to drive. Fully comp insurance was less than £300 p.a. although VED was a bit steep at £425 p.a.

But for rock solid build, superb reliability and comfort they are no doubt the best 4x4 in the world. They make JLR stuff look like the shoite that it is. I'm seriously considering another if the RAV 4.4 is simply a face-lifted 4.3, which is starting to look as if it may be the case.

There was one on Ebay last week a white one which had done 245,000 and the owner still reckoned it was in excellent condition,and it looked it inside and out :eek:

I had a 57-reg LC4 but sold it because it was becoming a driveway ornament. Nevertheless I found it to be relatively inexpensive to run. I put 30K miles on it up to Feb '10 when I sold it and it only ever needed 10K services (never more than £250 - not bad given the complexity & on-board systems), was still on the original Dunlop Grand Trek tyres, returned 30 mpg, never used oil and was an absolute delight to drive. Fully comp insurance was less than £300 p.a. although VED was a bit steep at £425 p.a.

But for rock solid build, superb reliability and comfort they are no doubt the best 4x4 in the world. They make JLR stuff look like the shoite that it is. I'm seriously considering another if the RAV 4.4 is simply a face-lifted 4.3, which is starting to look as if it may be the case.

I must admit,the long awaited 4.4 just isnt going to float my boat,its starting to look more like a lifted,stretched 4wd verso....yuk.

So.....like Chatman on here,i may be keeping my Rav4 for a year or two as yet,it may see 150'000 miles ,then maybe...just maybe,a Lc series land cruiser if then come down in price....its a compromise between a Colorado and a Amazon,TBH i just cant see me driving anything other than a toyota now......just because of the build quality....but i'll see in time to come.

I must admit,the long awaited 4.4 just isnt going to float my boat,its starting to look more like a lifted,stretched 4wd verso....yuk.

So.....like Chatman on here,i may be keeping my Rav4 for a year or two as yet,it may see 150'000 miles ,then maybe...just maybe,a Lc series land cruiser if then come down in price....its a compromise between a Colorado and a Amazon,TBH i just cant see me driving anything other than a toyota now......just because of the build quality....but i'll see in time to come.

I think it will be the same for Mrs P she really does love the Rav,i thought she was gonna burst into tears last week when i washed and waxed it,it had been so long since i last did it,whether thats because she was shocked that i had done so or she was just pleased to see it looking like new again i dunno :laughing:

But on saying that we nearly got rid of the Rav earlier this year when we had the insurance come through it had nearly trebled for her :eek: :eek: :eek:

But after doing some shopping round we found another company that done it for what she had been paying.

I thought the insurance on the LC would have been a lot higher Jim and the MPG.

i'm looking forward to seeing what the new rav will look like.

Well,looking at ,LC's , Amazons.....when i actually stand next to one,i am quite overwhelmed by their size...and that almost worries me with how high maintenance costs......... could be.

But for some reason,the size of the shogun does'nt worry me and it has a lovely dash ( Which for me is important as you look at it every time you get in ) ,...its available in 3 door,just a tad bigger than my rav4,i like that central ' pod ' looking dash,very simliar to the Amazon..but the engine is.....manageable at 3.2,,not 4.2, and its not a land rover so its reliable , not as tough as the Amazon,but still strong enough to last a few years and be slightly cheaper to run.

I'm up on the North Yorks Moors at the moment. Defenders are everywhere, but everyone looks tattered and has spots of rust. There are the occasional Shoguns which are pulling Ifor Williams trailers full of sheep, all look hard worked, but still doing the job with no rust an in much higher comfort than the Defender. I got chatting to a farmer in the 'local'. He swears buy Shoguns, wouldn't have a Defender given and would have an LC, but Shoguns are such good value he doesn't mind giving them a hard life. Made very interesting conversation. SWMBO is now coming round to the idea of moving on her Yaris an us purchasing a real 4x4.

I think it will be the same for Mrs P she really does love the Rav,i thought she was gonna burst into tears last week when i washed and waxed it,it had been so long since i last did it,whether thats because she was shocked that i had done so or she was just pleased to see it looking like new again i dunno :laughing:

But on saying that we nearly got rid of the Rav earlier this year when we had the insurance come through it had nearly trebled for her :eek: :eek: :eek:

But after doing some shopping round we found another company that done it for what she had been paying.

I thought the insurance on the LC would have been a lot higher Jim and the MPG.

i'm looking forward to seeing what the new rav will look like.

I live in S. Cheshire so not a high risk area and have yonks' years of NCB. It is all about shopping around though when it comes to insurance. What I can say is that I've never found Toyota's own to be any use & the highly recommended ones in the press such as LV are also straospheric. I don't know where they get all these positive customer feed-backs from - the folks concerned must either be rich or very stupid!

The mpg was always quite good and not so surprising given that it had a 3.0 DiD 4 cyl engine with tons of torque. The 5-speed auto box was a delight as well.

Well,looking at ,LC's , Amazons.....when i actually stand next to one,i am quite overwhelmed by their size...and that almost worries me with how high maintenance costs......... could be.

But for some reason,the size of the shogun does'nt worry me and it has a lovely dash ( Which for me is important as you look at it every time you get in ) ,...its available in 3 door,just a tad bigger than my rav4,i like that central ' pod ' looking dash,very simliar to the Amazon..but the engine is.....manageable at 3.2,,not 4.2, and its not a land rover so its reliable , not as tough as the Amazon,but still strong enough to last a few years and be slightly cheaper to run.

Jamie, our LC was no more expensive to service than our RAVs are. The only chunky cost was VED @ £425 p.a. due to the enissions but that was completely understandable.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links