Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Avensis Interior Light

robbieraven

Hi all,

Newcomer to the forum as have just bought my first Toyota Avensis, 2003 5 door. 1.8 Petrol. Very strange thing and maybe it is just a Toyota thing but when I open one of the doors the interior light doesn't come on, it does come on by using the two panel switches near the light but is not activated by the doors, I did remove the door switches and they seem connected and fine? Any ideas?

Thanks Rob

There's three bulbs in the front overhead light panel. One for each of the map reading lights and the middle one for the courtesy light. Check the middle bulb first.

There is a separate light on the ceiling, damn how stupid of me, missed the wood for the trees :)

I'll check mine tomorrow. I'm pretty sure the light above the back seat comes on along with the front overhead one.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for delay - I kept forgetting to look!

My T25 has 3 bulbs in the front courtesy light as I thought - one each side for map reading and a centre one for door operated courtesy light. There's also another courtesy light above the rear seat which lights up when the rear doors are opened.