Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Starting Problems

gazza2012

Hi Everyone just joined the toyota club and would be grateful if anyone can help me i have an 07 2,0 litre diesel D4D aurus im having trouble starting the car of a morning had breakdown out last week they said there was no fuel getting threw advised new fuel filter had it changed tuesday problems come back had glow plugs done week before be grateful for advice

regards gary

Hi, I have posted something very similar last week as my 08 auris also 2l d4d had the same issue, started with starting prob, started but cut out straight afterwards, then cut out on motorway...u need your garage, I used Toyota, to check egr valve incase it's clogged and check SCV valve. scv was what was wrong on mine...had this replaced for 400 and has been problem free so far...

Good luck!

Starting issues:

Earth cable from Battery poor

Glow plugs

Fuel filter

Use a Better quality fuel (shell) etc

Air filter

Battery's in key immobiliser

Battery charge

Low oil or needs a service

EGR valve

Blocked diesel particulate filter

Suction control valve blocked

There's many variables but above are self diagnostics before going down the expensive route of paying a garage to check it.

I had rough starting problems with my old T180 where it would chug and chug before eventually starting (sometimes 10+ seconds), below are all things that were mentioned and checked.

• Glow plug
  • Poor Battery charge
  • EGR blockage
  • Injectors problem
  • Oil grade

For information, it was never really fixed, but it improved with the below mix of solutions.

1. New Battery replaced under warranty
  2. Use of Redex over time
  3. Self cleaned EGR (which was not very blocked but congested)
  4. Putting car into ready mode before actually starting (this gives glow plug more time especially helps in the very cold day)

07 2,0 litre diesel D4D aurus

im having trouble starting --- what are they???? slow cranking or cranking is good but no fire up?

if you have changed fuel filter - whether you bleeded system to escape an air?

Gary - you ask for help but use common phrases -- please be more punctual in wordings

regards/Igor

• 6 years later...

My Toyota Auris has developed starting probs (intermittently)

its a 1.6 petrol.  Also strange beeping noises when i put the key in the ignition and also when taking it out- is this normal? I have only had this car since April of this year.  I assume this is to do with the immobiliser.

On ‎6‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 11:46 PM, felix154 said:

Also strange beeping noises when i put the key in the ignition and also when taking it out- is this normal? I have only had this car since April of this year.  I assume this is to do with the immobiliser.

If the door's open while the key is in the ignition (but with the engine not running), you'll get a beep. With the door closed, it shouldn't be happening. Leastways, that's the way it is on my 2014 1.6 petrol.