Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Dpf Regeneration

battytrebor

Hi all,

When I put the car in the garage today after a 10 mile round trip, I could smell an acrid smell which I have come to associate with the regen of the dpf. I have noticed it a couple of times before with the Avensis, and occasionally with previous diesels.

My question to those of you who know about such things is what happens to the regen cycle if it is interrupted by switching the engine off. Does the regeneration resume when the engine is next used or is it cleared out of the memory, only to regen again when the differential pressure across the dpf rises above the limit? Am I spoiling the regen cycle by inadvertently turning the engine off mid-cycle?

Incidentally, I notice that when it regens, the mpg afterwards is much improved. (or perhaps I should should say, the mpg returns to what it was before, typically 50mpg)

Bob

Background: 2012 Avensis Tourer 2.0 diesel, 3750 miles in 10 weeks.

Quick driving style, loads of fast motorway miles

Am I spoiling the regen cycle by inadvertently turning the engine off mid-cycle?

Yes, it will retry the next time the parameters are met

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links