Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cd/radio Packed In

statto

My wife's RAV4 (2002) radio has packed up. When you turn the engine on it sounds like it is shorting out and 'CD error' comes on the screen even though it is the radio that is on. No one locally seems to want to try and repair so it looks like a new (or second hand one).

Can anyone advise where I might buy one and what I am looking for. I have seen 58812 on the forum - was this the standard fitting in 2002?

Regards

Jim Brown

My wife's RAV4 (2002) radio has packed up. When you turn the engine on it sounds like it is shorting out and 'CD error' comes on the screen even though it is the radio that is on. No one locally seems to want to try and repair so it looks like a new (or second hand one).

Can anyone advise where I might buy one and what I am looking for. I have seen 58812 on the forum - was this the standard fitting in 2002?

Regards

Jim Brown

You are describing the symptoms of the central processor of wife's 58812 when it started to shut down, Jim. The model number should be on the fascia of the unit....? There is a guy up here in Scotlandshire who advertises a fix (new CPU) AT AROUND £90.00 but you may find one on eBay cheaper.

Big Kev

Welcome to the forum Jim,

I had a problem with my radio recently and bought a used unit off flea bay, not a lot of money, and it would be worth checking the breakers. Incidentally, the euro and UK units are interchangeable, and the job is easy!

On eBay, type search "Rav4 breaking" as I did a few weeks ago.....there were lots, most of them belonging to Big Bothy.

Big Kev

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links