Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hid's Now Fitted 55W 6000K Plus Drl's

Heathie

Did you re-adjust your headlight alignment?

Not sure how HIDs effect the iQ headlight but you might get a few flashes from people now.

no i didnt need to adjust the headlights as they havent been moved, just replaced the bulbs and i have had no problems with other drivers.

OK ...as long as your Insurance company are happy with the modification. Lets hope they don't read the Department For Transport's web site. :eek:

Extract.....

Under the Road Traffic Act 1988 it is an offence to supply, fit or use vehicle

parts which are not legal.

In summary: it is not permitted to convert an existing halogen headlamp unit for

use with HID bulbs. The entire headlamp unit must be replaced with one

designed and approved for use with HID bulbs and it must be installed in

accordance with the rules stated above.

Personally I wouldn't be so easily convinced that other drivers are having "no problems".

And they can't be fitted to any vehicle without washers or wipers on the lights so you should fail an MOT now.

Personally I find the standard lights quite adequate, Am I alone on this?

Craig.

And they can't be fitted to any vehicle without washers or wipers on the lights so you should fail an MOT now.

Not to mention the self-leveling system.

Also exposing the cars reg plate for all the boys in blue to see may not have been prudent.

Much more brightness. Live on the wild side my friend and enjoy your new visibility! =)

It does not work like that over here.

As the person with the Blinding lights enjoys their increased vision,

the people they are blinding start blinding them in return..

Usually the HGV driver that has the lights that can provide lighting with the power of the sun wins.

It becomes the battle of the Candle Power.

iQ lights are pretty pathetic but with the National Speed Limit being the same 60 mph on Single Carriageways the Lights are no worse than the cars have had for decades.

Blinding other innocent drivers is inexcusable IMO

Badly installed & adjusted lights are inexcusable IMHO.

Even if it is only on Full Beam, that is Pedestrians & Cyclists being blinded by badly fitted and adjusted lighting.

george

Oh, and thank you for the positive coment surfcitylocal, its seems to me that a few people on here need to lighten up and get a life.

I won't be in a rush to pass on anything else as to problems, faults and answers as well as how my project IQ is going.

• Like 1

Ah dont take the huff now, you already have lightened up.

Us oldies just need to get going with fashion over practicality & consideration for other road users.

• Like 1

Oh, and thank you for the positive coment surfcitylocal, its seems to me that a few people on here need to lighten up and get a life.

I won't be in a rush to pass on anything else as to problems, faults and answers as well as how my project IQ is going.

Come on mate , don't get in a huff . Despite what it may seem some of us were trying to be helpful in pointing out the possible negative implications of your modifcation. True, the help was mixed with a bit of sarcasm , but that's forums.

If you post something on an open forum particularly something seeking praise for what you have done, don't assume everyone will fall over themselves to pile on the praise. Someone will always take a contrary view.

Allusions to "getting a life", "lightening up"(funny considering the subject) and living on "the wild side" are bit rich considering people are trying to point out that you may ( I stress MAY) have become a hazard for other road users. Even if it is a bit anal to point out the law - it's still something you should at least consider. If, God forbid, you are involved in or worse still cause an accident and you have non standard or illegal equipment fitted to your car, your insurers will almost certainly no longer be your friend. Assuming of course you haven't rendered your insurance null and void by not declaring the modification.

Anway, sorry of I (we ) annoyed you. There was no need to delete the original post in the thread . We all look like tw*ts now responding to a load of question marks :naughty:

• 5 months later...

That is good.

But the MOT man is an easy pass.

http://www.motuk.co.uk/manual_170.htm

http://www.motuk.co.uk/manual_110.htm

How do you fair on the other road user test.

?? Do many other drivers annoyed by your 'Special Lights', flash you to let you know they do not like them?

If not, its a win win.IMO.

george

I have never had any body flash at all in any direction, if I had and for a minute I thought that I was being a hazzard to other road users then I would have changed or corrected them straight away.

I'm sure HID's should be self-levelling as well.

The car has now passed 2 Mot's (at Toyota) with this HID Kit fitted

2 MOT's since November 2012? Or am I missing something.

Yes, they were fitted before itS first MOT 01/09/2012 and then I had it MOTed 2 weeks ago so the the MOT's didn't clash with the Insurance

So now its MOTed in April and Insured in September.

• Like 1

Hi, the IQ DRL,s were from an eBay seller in the uk and the Audi DRL,s were from an eBay seller in China.

It must be over 12 Months now since I fitted them to the cars, I will have a look back through my eBay buying History and try to find out their details and get back to you.

My View - The standard lights are adaquate for most circumstances, however its always nice to improve your visability at night.

• Like 2

The standard lights are the worst I have ever known, I do alot of motorway driving in the early hours and in winter the visability is very poor, almost dangerous. I had a very near miss one morning when a lorry tyre was in the centre of the inside lane, I didn't see it until the last moment and had to swerve onto the hard shoulder I cra--ed myself and decided from that point to sort the lights out. Its best Mod I have done on the IQ I recomend all do the same.

• Like 1

If everyone did the same imagine the problems trying to source replacement bulbs once the cars have been sold on to other owners. You couldn't nip down to Toyota and get one.