Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hid's Now Fitted 55W 6000K Plus Drl's

Heathie

You can get a set of 5000k or 6000k bulbs off eBay for around £10.00 delivered, I have a spare set ready in the garage.

A lot cheaper than Toyota.

• Like 1

You are missing the point, if a new owner buys a modified IQ and doesn't realise the lighting system has been heavily modified they will more than likely try and buy a standard bulb which obviously won't work on a HID setup. Just a thought.

I too find the lights perfect as they are. You've obviously never driven a 1960's Land Rover! :D

Craig.

• Like 1

The HID Kits are plug and play so you just disconnect them and put a standard bulb back in, easy

• 2 weeks later...

The standard lights are the worst I have ever known, I do alot of motorway driving in the early hours and in winter the visability is very poor, almost dangerous. I had a very near miss one morning when a lorry tyre was in the centre of the inside lane, I didn't see it until the last moment and had to swerve onto the hard shoulder I cra--ed myself and decided from the point to sort the lights out. Its best Mod I have done on the IQ I recomend all do the same.

Can't we go back to the old days... when we all had our Ford or Beatle or 2CV fitted with extra "beam lights" and "fog lights".. ?

Remember the time? Drill a hole in the fender and bolt on the stuff... or on the metal of the front.... Rally like... oooh yeah...

162925d1263069267-post-your-favorit-raci

All he debate above about "legal" or non "legal" lights, My view is that the UK has gone mad with laws that I believe not focussed enough on accident reduction and more about too many EU "pen pushers" justifying their jobs. There are far more "better focused" methods of increasing safety on our roads.

I am intrested in all "new ideas" and would like to encourage everyone on the forum to keep on sharing them with other forum members,

So Thanks to Heaithie for sharing his lighting mod with us all.

Positive Regards, to all

Bob.

• Like 1

The thing is when it comes to the UK, we have a max National Speed Limit of 70mph,

& on possibly worse country roads that might require better lighting where the National Speed limit is 60mph.

Lights meet UK MOT's and EU C&U are going to be pretty good for safety.

**Possibly those fitted as standard on an iQ are the worst Dipped Beam on any modern car IMO.**

What most Drivers require is the Law that protects them from other Motorists with Special Lighting needs,

the kind that are 'I can see OK, who cares if i am Blinding others with Badly Fitted or aligned lights.

DRL's are going to appear on every new Type Approved Car from Feb 2011.

But, The UK laws still does not require you to use them.

http://www.theaa.com/motoring_advice/safety/daytime-running-lights.html

Its time that Drivers that do not use lights when they should are clamped down on, and those that drive with faulty lights

are also dealt with.

Too many people assume that lights come on Automatically, or if Faulty a warning light shows.

Never actually checking lights are working before driving.

(actually, that includes Police Cars, plenty of those out on roads with faulty lights, do they just not check before taking cars out if the TV cameras are not following them for TV Programmes?

or Police drivers in poor visibility that do not light up)

http://www.swiftcover.com/about/press/fog-lights

I drove to work this morning in thick fog and I was in the minority by having my headlights on! I have automatic lights but they didn't come on as it was quite bright still but you couldn't see more than 100 meters so I had to make the effort to turn the switch on the end of the stalk.

I gave up flashing the other people after about the 20th car, Thought why am I wearing out my indicator stalk?

Craig.

• 3 months later...

Sorry to bump an old post but what bulb did you go for in your HID kit and any tips for fitting the drl's?

Thanks,

Barry.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Barry,

I went for the 9006 bulb fitment for the HID kit, please type in 9006 HID kit on eBay you will find plenty on their, I payed around £30.00 for the complete kit all ballasts fittings etc. and they havent given me any problems in nearly 12 months. Well worth money and time, the difference in vision and safety is a must have for the IQ I think?

Replacement bulbs are less than £10.00 delivered.

The DRL's fit quite easily, but you do have to do some cutting to the slats at the bottom of the grill to make them fit.

Wiring is a piece of cake, they DRL's come on with the ignition and go off as soon as you put your lights on, everything happens automatically.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links