Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Removing Front Seats - Big Job?

Paulq

I want to take out the front seats in my Corolla so I can give them a deep clean and also get at the carpets properly. Is it complicated to do or just a matter of unbolting them from the runners?

I am assuming there is some kind of electrical connection for the seatbelt etc? Any tips or do's and dont's very welcome.

Cheers.

Paul

What year is it?

Theres only four bolts holding it on so very simple to remove :) youll need torx bits to do so :thumbsup:

If it has a electrical connection under the seat (check first) then id suggest disconnecting the negitive Battery terminal for 10 mins before unplugging it :)

What year is it?

Theres only four bolts holding it on so very simple to remove :) youll need torx bits to do so :thumbsup:

If it has a electrical connection under the seat (check first) then id suggest disconnecting the negitive battery terminal for 10 mins before unplugging it :)

It's a 2007.

When you say torx bits do you mean a Torx socket set? I may not have to remove them completely from the car if possible. I am just far from any kind of techie so is there a problem if I don't disconnect the Battery? My expeience of disconnecting batteries is that it messes up the audio stystem etc with it needing a code to use it again - I don't have any code for it.

Thanks for the help.

a i wouldn say you need to disconnect your Battery mate just undo your four bolts and unplug your connection under the seats and if you still feel unsure unplugging the the connection just take out your four bolts and you will have a bit of play to clean all around your seats hope this helps.. :)

Hi,

If its a 2007 model then it likely to have side air bags fitted to the seat.

According the Haynes manual you should first disconnect the Battery negative lead and then wait 5 mins before unplugging those electrical connectors under the seat.

Expect it could activate the air bag if you don't !!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links