Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Recall Announced 14 Nov 2012 - Steering Shaft

catseye27

Hi

Any one know if this recall due to wear in the steering extension shaft will cover the RAV4?

Mine, like many other RAV4 owners before, has the knocking noise through the steering column when turning at low speeds.

Cheers

Norman

Hi Norman,

As far as I'm aware the new recall relates to some Corolla, Auris and 2nd generation Prius models only.

Back to plan A i guess. Purchase the parts and DIY

On some Corollas with electric steering the shaft could be subject to distortion IF it was subject to heavy loads. This would probably be turning the steering with the ignition off.

The other recall is for electric water pumps on Prius.

BTW if somebody is wondering why this topic has been locked, I haven't got a clue.

TOPIC LOCKED AS THIS RECALL IS NOT APPLICABLE TO RAV AS EXPLAINED TO OP EARLIER IN TOPIC AND IS THEREFORE POTENTIALLY CONFUSING THE SITUATION........THE APPLICABILITY AND FULL DETAIL OF THE RECALL CAN BE SEEN BY CLICKING ON THE HIGHLIGHTED HEADER...TOYOTA RECALL NOTICE...THAT APPEARS ON EVERY TOC PAGE FOR ALL TOYOTA MODELS.....IT IS UNNECESSARY TO INCLUDE DISCUSSION OF THE RECALL WITHIN THE RAV SECTION WHEN THE RECALL IS N/A TO RAV VEHICLES

Edited by Red Yaris 54
N/A to RAV