Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rav 4.1 Droning Noise At 40Mph

JONTHEBARN

Have noticed a droning noise in our rav that starts at about 40-50 mph and stays there as fast as you go and will only dissapear at around 25mph. Seems like tyre noise but not HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to the club Jon :thumbsup:

Does seem like it could be wheel bearings from what you describe.

Cheap try (possible fix....?) is swop front tyres to rear and see if noise still there / changes / comes from different area.

Big Kev

• 2 months later...

Hello, Have you had any luck with this droning noise , I have a Verso D4D with the same ailment, droning noise at 40 / 50 mph, worse when i turn left on a long exit sliproad. Suspected a bearing but garage could not detect any play. Bit of a mystery. Just wondered if you had reached a conclusion and remedied the noise on your RAV. Cheers

It is indeed a wheel bearing. You don't always get play. If each wheel is jacked up and then rocked back and too, an experienced mechanic will know instantly which one it is. You can feel it grating in your hands.

Cheers for the reply to my post on the droning noise , it is a real irritating one. Will get this sorted sounds like nearside but we can check this out as you suggest, Many thanks again. Only just found the fforums on the website , they have been so helpful. Seggy

Have noticed a droning noise in our rav that starts at about 40-50 mph and stays there as fast as you go and will only dissapear at around 25mph. Seems like tyre noise but not HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back seat driver? :goof:

Thanks Anchorman, had the front ns wheel bearing done yesterday part cost £80 for an original part. So many thanks for this. The only droning now is the wife in the front seat :driving: