Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Had A Look At M 1St Rav Today But No Nothing About Them

SAM LOVERS HER TOYOTAS

HI ALL

We've looked at a Toyota Rav4 2.0 vvti xt4 5door today, a totally beautiful machine, 1 owner/2007/manual/petrol...now we've always only ever driven Toyotas for years now, we've been through from the Yaris,Carina,Avensis,and currently have the Corolla...but have never considered the Rav4...which is why we're a bit weary....

Are there any common known issues i should be aware of? Is servicing/parts them failry expensive? And are they really thirsty for town driving?

I look forward to hearing from some of you. Thank you.

Sammy X

Hi Sam.

Well we hadn't even looked at a Rav before nor took much notice of em until about 16 months ago when Mrs P was looking for a convertible car and spotted a 2002 VVTI Rav on the forecourt and as soon as she sat in it she loved it :eek:

Took it for a good test drive and she had it there and then,which was an even bigger shock to me.

Now she has a 2004 model with low mileage and still loves the ride/drive in it.I've never known her to take such an interest in a car before.

By all accounts the petrol Rav is pretty much bomb proof with its only downside been the poor fuel economy.

HI ALL

We've looked at a Toyota Rav4 2.0 vvti xt4 5door today, a totally beautiful machine, 1 owner/2007/manual/petrol...now we've always only ever driven Toyotas for years now, we've been through from the Yaris,Carina,Avensis,and currently have the Corolla...but have never considered the Rav4...which is why we're a bit weary....

Are there any common known issues i should be aware of? Is servicing/parts them failry expensive? And are they really thirsty for town driving?

I look forward to hearing from some of you. Thank you.

Sammy X

Hi Sammy,

We've got two 4.2 vvti's, a 5-dr & a 3-dr. Love 'em. As Paul has said, the only downside is that mpg isn't as good as some (but, then again, there are worse around). In every other respect they are virtually bomb-proof.

Ours have had only routine servicing and the 5-dr, which is 02-reg, has had a few EMS sensors over the years, all on extended warranty.

Hi Sammy, so we,ve given up on the Urban cruiser then?

Regards Clare

Hi Sammy, so we,ve given up on the Urban cruiser then?

Regards Clare

THANKS GUYS...And Clare you made me laugh...there's no hiding on these forums is there, lol...yes we soon learnt very quickly at the dealers at the weekend that the u/c was never going to work for us...as cute as it was...the search goes on!

Hi Sammy, don,t blame you looking at the Rav!!!! I know I rave on about the U/C, but given the choice between both cars I would always go for the Rav first. I,ve had two versions and they where without doubt the best cars I ever had.

How,s that for a recomendation!!!!!

Regards Clare

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links