Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Recall Avensis

canberra27

I wonder if this will affect my insurance? I suppose it will take somebody having an accident and claiming before we find out. I wonder if we should still be driving the car. I rang RMB Toyota at Stockton today and they said it would be three weeks before they get the information from Toyota to enable them to carry out the checks / repairs and I should wait until I get a letter from Toyota (RMB) before trying to book the car in for the necessary work / check.

No, it shouldn't.

It'll be fine - there have been 9 reported cases in Europe but no accidents.

Toyota are being (over?) solicitous these days.

Toyota are being responsible and recognising when they need to do the right thing

This will NOT affect your insurance and you should drive your car as normal until you get a recall letter and can book your car in to the workshop in the normal manner. Customers will be written to as soon as parts and training are available to the network, this does take a few weeks to put in place generally

Kingo :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links