Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis Recall ( Tow Bar)

canberra27

I received an e-mail recently from Toyota advising me to contact my Toyota dealer to get my Tow Bar checked due to the risk of cracking. Has anybody else any info or had theirs done?

everyone with a potentially affected car should be receiving a notice (mine came by post) incl. people (like me) who didn't have any towbar fiited.

Do you know what year that affects? Mine is an 08, but because I am not the first owner Toyota probably will probably have written the the original owner....

Toyota write to the registered keeper, not original owners. The info comes from the DVLA, so if your car is affected, you will get a letter

Go on to www.toyota.co.uk website and put your registration number in their lookup system, it will tell you if you are in line for a recall

Kingo :thumbsup:

everyone with a potentially affected car should be receiving a notice (mine came by post) incl. people (like me) who didn't have any towbar fiited.

even though you didnt have one fitted was there anything done/said by toyota?

No, but they did need to see the car to process the paperwork & get paid for that by Toyota. Luckily my car was going in anyway so I didn't need to make an extra journey.

The problem is apparently with the towbar (made by a 3rd party) & not with the car.

mine messed me about, had a appointment made as they said even though you don't have one you still need an inspection.

got there and the lady advised we don't need to see it if it hasn't got one.(so why ask me to come along!!) took my original letter and recorded the mileage,

good job I needed to see parts dep otherwise would of been a complete waste of journey.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links