Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Is The Steering Prob On The Rav?

Paulus17

Following on from Catseye' question,can some one tell me what is the steering problem on the RAV?

I have noticed a clunk noise coming from the off side it seems every time Mrs P gets the Rav out the garage when on full lock,would this be anything to do with whatever the problem is.?

Its been there from day one of us owning the Rav.

This should be good. I'll have a look at this when I get home tonight!

Following on from Catseye' question,can some one tell me what is the steering problem on the RAV?

I have noticed a clunk noise coming from the off side it seems every time Mrs P gets the Rav out the garage when on full lock,would this be anything to do with whatever the problem is.?

It'll be the door mirror returning to position after it has been dragged past the garage door frame Paul :rolleyes:

It'll be the door mirror returning to position after it has been dragged past the garage door frame Paul :rolleyes:

Could be Dave as shes putting her mek up on going out :eek:

I'd just got visions of your house being surrounded by small red police cars for mentioning the unspeakable.

There are no known steering clunks with your car Paul.

I'd just got visions of your house being surrounded by small red police cars for mentioning the unspeakable.

There are no known steering clunks with your car Paul.

Both of our 4.2's are clunk-free.

Thanks Don/Jim.

There is a definate clunk though when she does get it out the garage,i listened tonight when she came home as she has to turn tight into the garage but didn't here anything,but i do hear it every time she gets it out the garage??

I have owned a whole succesion of Rav4's and other 4 WD cars and have found that quite a few of them "clunk" when doing very tight manouvers on full lock.

For example, my Audi R8 does that so it may well be the 4 WD sorting itself out (or, if you have a very old Rav4 maybe the diff is locked?)

Thanks Wavering :thumbsup:

Could well be i suppose as Mrs P says she can't feel any sort of knocking through the steering wheel.

Seems like to me that the car is driven in and then braked to stop,then when the car comes out the garage it reverse,s out also the touching the brakes,or visa versa, could this be a normal brake pad noise as the pad moves from one position to the other?try moving the car back and forth and brake at at each stop you should hear the pads clonking as they change direction.