Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The End Of Club Toyota

Sagitar

This morning I received a letter from Matt Harrison, who describes himself as the Commercial Director of Toyota UK, telling me that Club Toyota is to be discontinued and replaced by a scheme called "Toyota Rewards".

When I took out an extended warranty earlier this year, it included membership of Club Toyota until the end of the extended warranty at August 31st 2014. I have therefore written to Mr Harrison, seeking his assurance that the new scheme will include all the benefits that I enjoyed as a Club Toyota member and that these benefits will continued to the termination of my extended warranty.

If it does not include all the benefits such ***** AA breakdown service it will not be worth being in any "Toyota rewards scheme." Why change something that is good for all Toyota owners. I have not heard about this.

Well, it is not as expensive a loss to owners as the Weasel Warranty, because with Toyota GB's track record it isn't going to be to our advantage. Also, unlike the Weasel Warranty, it will eventually affect all Toyota owners with extended warranties, so at least there may be a bit less of the "I'm all right Jack" attitude around here.

I haven't received a letter yet, and I'm not holding my breath because I'm still not sure when my extended warranty/Club Toyota started and is due to finish. However, if I don't hear anything soon, I will contact him anyway.

From what you say, it is interesting that there is no information about what the new system covers. Google comes up with nothing, so perhaps they are flying a kite to gauge our reactions.

Club Toyota has been around a long time and needs a refresh. I don't have full details yet but as far as im concerned there will be no loss of benefits.

Kingo :thumbsup:

The only reason I subscribe to it is the breakdown cover TBH :lol: The rest of it is pretty useless to me; Even the Toyota breakdown discount from it didn't bring their quotes even close to mainstream! (Seriously, £900? For a Mk1 Yaris!? :eek:)

If the refresh means there's more useful things included (Maybe servicing or parts discounts? :D) then I'm all for it! :yahoo:

If it is just an excuse for another price hike, then I'm less for it... :unsure:

But really, as long as they keep the full breakdown cover at such a low price there's a good chance I'll stick with it.

My letter clearly states that Toyota are not changing the Toyota Roadside Assistance cover and it's going to be the same price.

It's just a change of name and some more offers :g:

Post came late today. The letter I received said nothing much will change. Breakdown cover will be kept and there will be more rewards. So I have been reassured particularly by Parts King's comments on this site.

My letter clearly states that Toyota are not changing the Toyota Roadside Assistance cover and it's going to be the same price.

It's just a change of name and some more offers :g:

My letter says that "You get the same great price" (on AA Cover). In the next paragraph it says that Toyota Rewards now replaces Club Toyota, and "It's free".

One thing is for sure - free membership of Toyota Rewards will NOT include free AA Cover! Therefore presumably not only will we have to rejoin Toyota Rewards each year but will then have to sign up for and pay for AA Cover each year as well, to get the same facilities as we've enjoyed in the past - let's hope they make it possible to do that all in the same phone call or it's going to be a right pain in the rear-facing cheeks!

Tony.

I received a letter this morning from Susan Philpott, the Club Toyota Manager, in response to my earlier letter seeking clarification.

She confirms that my extended warranty will still include all the Club Toyota benefits that I currently enjoy. She makes it clear that the AA Roadside Assistance part of Club Toyota will not be changed other that it will be called "Toyota Roadside Assistance".

She says "Toyota Rewards is new and more details will be announced in due course and you will still be eligible and will include all the discounts you currently enjoy".

• 2 weeks later...

Looking on the Toyota website at the extended warranty, it doesn't seem to include club toyota (or toyota roadside assistance) anymore.

Wonder how soon before we get full details of what's not going to be included anymore going forward

If you have been quoted £750, this will be the old scheme. Is your quote still valid?

Not sure, I'm going to have to double-check before I sign anything though. The original price was £850 IIRC when I first asked 2-3 weeks ago, but I wasn't planning on taking it out until January. Perhaps I should bite the bullet sooner rather than later, I'll give the dealer a ring at some point.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anybody logged into www.mytoyota yet, which was also flagged up in the CT letter?

I have and I have to say, I'm not impressed. It's supposed to provide an online service history function but, in my case, it still has two of my previous cars listed, as well as my current one, and it is proving impossible to get rid of the two previous cars from my record. It also shows service items for my current car that I don't recognise.

I've had exchanges with Toyota about it and, despite their attempts to fix it, there's no change. The last email from them said that some geek from their IT dept would be in touch but I'm not holding my breath. What was a bit worrying was that the emails seemed to be from a remote call centre, judging by their names perhaps somewhere on the Indian sub-continent. I say worrying because I've only had unfortunate experiences with such organisations and I only hope that Toyota GB hasn't farmed CT out to save money at the expense of quality of service.

Somewhat disappointing when an organisation makes changes like this and they dont explain things well.

I interpret the lovely Susans comments as meaning no improvement on the cards. And having had the delight of dealing with such changes elsewhere this year - improvements wont be forthcoming.

Its like "you should be glad we are not getting rid of the scheme altogether".

Continious improvement thus on permenent suspension - too much hassle you see.

Red diesel

Well, it looks like the scheme has pretty much turned into rebranding and reselling AA breakdown cover and getting rid of the other stuff (Which I bet 99% of us never used anyway :lol:)

I hope the other schemes are not something they're actually paying for; If they are, I'd rather they drop them and pass the savings onto us!

Of course, if they're getting paid to pass on these discount schemes then fair enough... :)

Oddly after waiting a couple months for my renewed cards I've just received 2 separate letters with 2 cards a-piece! Ironically, it's taken so long the cards are still registered to my old car so now I need to get them changed again! :lol:

Club Toyota has been around a long time and needs a refresh. I don't have full details yet but as far as im concerned there will be no loss of benefits.

Kingo :thumbsup:

I've been around for longer and the wife never says I need a refresh. More along the lines of a doing over......