Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fitting Mudflaps.

Jagst

Hi, going to fit mudflaps, as the Rav seems to spread the mud far and wide. Cannot seem to see any screwheads in the plastic fittings attaching the underwing body guards to the wings. What is the best way to remove them,?

On the rear, there are two screws in the arch, and one right underneath in the sill, that you need to remove. On the front, you just push the new screws through the existing plastic securing buttons (or whatever they are called). Should be fairly easy, if you are using Toyota mudflaps.

Hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, fitted front flaps, no problem, thanks. However rear flaps provided from Toyota have three holes and one underrneath and dont match up with bolts on rear wings. They are part number PZ416-X0961-00 which must have been superceded as my Toyota as mentioned above has only two holes in arch and one underneath. Is this correct?

Yes. If you wipe the wheel arch clean you will find a little dimple where you place the speed nut. You then just send the bolt in without drilling.

Many thanks Anchorman. Good info about the dimple. Going back to Main Dealer tomorrow as there is no way the mudflaps provided can meet the top hole at the back of the wheel arch or the one underneath. However they maintain the part number is right. Maybe a packing error.

Many thanks, understand now. Very clever! I had the drawings, but still thought existing holes were used. Appreciate your help.

• 3 months later...

Hello,

Do the Mud Flap part numbers listed above fit the 4.2's please? and what do the Main Stealers charge for such items?

Thanks

West Riding Toyota in Silsden charged me £43 for a full set in Jan 2011.

They took around an hour to fit.

Phil

Thanks for the info. Phil, not as bad as I anticipated!

Regards

ANNAWONG