Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tyre Availability For T180

ratchet2112

Hi all,

Please dont but put off by the title of the topic! Need some answers today if you can, have had a long running slow puncture for a while but was prepared to put up with pumping up every five or six days while the tyre got its life worth!

Searched the internet for Bridgestone 255/55/r18 and found that tyretraders.com sell the tyre for £140 delivered!

Phoned the guy up and he had little idea about run flats, and did not know if this was one, could it be a normal tyre with the same model number?

Spoke to my contact at Mr T and told him as they are charging £245 fitted per tyre, but the fitting is £40 anyway and they have had customers buy their own tyres and bring them in for fitting which proves that they are out there!

Once upon a time you could not get this tyre anywhere apart from toyota.

As i'm a good returning customer my contact reports he will contact the fitting garage and he's sure they will price match for me (£180) but i'll not find out till tomorrow, its a win win anyway if they match but could this price from tyretraders.com be the tyre i'm looking for?

Is it THE run flat or is there a non run flat version?

I would suggest that given the RAV4 T/SR 180 is the ONLY vehicle in the UK, and the guy does not know if it is the BSR version or not, chances are it is not as they tend to go for quantity rather then odd-ball tyres like BSR versions.

I have the identical, but NON-Run Flat tyres on my SR150 and it seems the only way to tell if it is BSR spec or not is to look for the BSR logo.

Take a pic of the logo on your currently fitted tyres, email to the guy and ask him to check if that logo is embossed on the side or not.

The run flats on my SR 180 are Bridgestone Dueler HT 687 - 235/55 R18 99H so the size you are quoting here seems 'wrong'.

I had a pair replaced by Mr T last month for £428.40 after 46,000 miles on the front which, while that looks expensive, is actually cheaper per mile than tyres for my previous car (Volvo S60 on Pirelli P6000).

It has also been noted on here that on the Toyota website they say that they'll repair punctures for free ... assuming that they can find the leak of course.

... Searched the internet for bridgestone 255/55/r18 and found that tyretraders.com sell the tyre for £140 delivered!

Is it THE run flat or is there a non run flat version?

It's not the BSR runflat version ... if you add the runflat option to your search you get no tyres returned. (I searched for 235/55 ...)

The run flats on my SR 180 are Bridgestone Dueler HT 687 - 235/55 R18 99H so the size you are quoting here seems 'wrong'.

I had a pair replaced by Mr T last month for £428.40 after 46,000 miles on the front which, while that looks expensive, is actually cheaper per mile than tyres for my previous car (Volvo S60 on Pirelli P6000).

It has also been noted on here that on the Toyota website they say that they'll repair punctures for free ... assuming that they can find the leak of course.

Correctful on the size....watch what ye are purchasing matey.

Big Kev.

If this tyre comes in run flat and "normal" versions and the only way to tell is by the BSR logo can someone please tell me what the BSR logo looks like?

The run flats, although expensive are very hard wearing as per the comment that Philip has made above. We have done arpprox 35k on our fronts and they still have around 3mm left on them, which granted is not a lot but will last another few thousand miles yet.

Keep your eyes on the bay as I managed to get 2 brand new Bridgestone Dueler HT 687 - 235/55 R18 99H for £200 (stickers still on the tyres) which I will be asking Mr T to swap over once ours are done. Even if my local Mr T charge me £40 each which I hope they wont as I have spent a lot of money there, it still works out a damn sight cheaper than buying 2 new ones directly from them.

If this tyre comes in run flat and "normal" versions and the only way to tell is by the BSR logo can someone please tell me what the BSR logo looks like?

As Hoovie has indicated above, the logo is as shown below:

support-ring-76391852.jpg

If you "read round" the tyre sidewall it's hard to miss ... once you know what you are looking for! ;)

As Hoovie has indicated above, the logo is as shown below:

support-ring-76391852.jpg

If you "read round" the tyre sidewall it's hard to miss ... once you know what you are looking for! ;)

I really wish I could spell haemerrhoids.......must be a joke in there somewhere....?

im sitting here at tyretraders.com website with my shopping basket containing 3 Bridgestone dueler HT 687 235/55r18 at a total price of £400.53 delivered! , or fully fitted for £457, cab this be true?

i'm actually tempted to just buy them to kill my curiosity as to wether i'm seeing right and before anyone asks i did say show run flats on my initial search!

A phone call to them tomorrow me thinks to clarify they are run flats and also a call to my dealership to inform them of the cheaper availability and therefore ..........price match!!!

TOYOTA / Bridgestone DON'T ACTUALLY HAVE A "RUNFLAT TYRE"....and I stand to be corrected....

They have a tyre which has the runflat symbol thereon which is suitable for use in the Toyota / Bridgestone antiquated ex-military runflat system. Apart from having said symbol, it is the exact same Bridgestone Tyre as the NON symbol tyre, albeit I can only presume they have (or should have.....?) different part numbers.

So....philip42h has confirmed that the part number you are looking at is correct, but as far as that tyre SUPPLIER fitting them for you, has he got the correct "special" machine to do so (i.e. the one that does not chew up the BSR fitted to the runflat system)?

Is he aware of the TPMS sensors which the uninitiated are good at breaking.....? Now the pennies are stacking up......

Unless your Toyota dealer is desperate for business at any price, these are the questions I would expect him to be asking YOU when you ask him to price match somebody who is not comparing apples wiff apples.

As far as the tyre price goes.....if they are the correct ones, fill yer boots......or get Mr.T to price match and then be prepared for the above questions and his fitting charge with correct machine.

Good luck....as Blue Monster says, stonking tyres and mileages.....just a bloody disgraceful total rip-off of Joe Public.

Big Kev....who never comes on Runflat Postings.....

.....so ye got yere tyres AND a game of cards....? Superb....isn't our dealer network wonderful.....? (apart from their employees with hairy lips.....)

isn't our dealer network wonderful.....?

Yes :thumbsup::lol:

I DID NOT edit my posting or question...........

I think one might be telling porkies oh large one of Glesga!!

Hairyous Lipeous :lol: