Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anyone Tried 0W30 A5/b5 In Their 1Zzfe?

ThePermanentProject

Morning all,

I need your advice/experience..........

Coming up to oil change time here.....and want to do all i can to prevent onset of the dreaded oil drinking problem.............

Got a load of Castrol 0w30 A5/B5 here, but it seems almost as thin as tap water!!!

Anyone had any experience with this in their car????

0W30 is the same viscosity as 5W30 at running temp. The 0W is simply the viscosity when cold, so will circulate and protect quicker when you first turn the key. A good oil to have in your VVTi, especially in Winter. Your Battery and Starter Motor will love you :)

Thanks for your thoughts on the matter scarlett arrow.

Yeh, i am told 0w is the way to go for the exact reasons you say.

Was just a little concerned at how thin it is when cold. Looked up castrol's data sheets for this stuff and the 0w30 SLX stuff i currently have in her, and this A5/B5 stuff looks to be about 20% thinner at cold.

As a general rule of thumb, i suppose the thinner the better, but there has to be a minimum i guess.

Just wanted check i wasn't pushing this idea too far - as Castrol do say this A5/B5 stuff is thinner (-when cold) and should only be used in engines that the manufacturers specify (usually only suggested by Volvo, honda, and Kia i think, and definately all younger engines than mine!).

Thanks for you take on it though. Good to know i'm not too far off the mark :)