Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Installing Toyota Sat Nav Unit

SAM LOVERS HER TOYOTAS

Hi Guys

I'm asking this question on behalf of a good friend of mine who owns a 2005 1.6 colour collection and would really appreciate all your input.

Okay, so she has a genuine stock radio/cd unit as most of you already have installed on your face-lifted corollas.

She's now purchased a genuine Toyota corolla satellite navigation unit which she wants to install.

The problem she has is when you remove the stock radio/cd unit...and then install the sat nav unit...you have a gap going around the sat nav unit,one can see it sort of sits forward and doesnt appear natural.

Okay, now when you look at other Corollas who had the sat nav unit installed from new/at the factory...you can see no gaps around the sat nav unit as it appears Toyota used a different fascia which is sort of moulded into the whole air vent unit etc.

Has anyone installed a genuine Toyota sat nav unit and found away around the gaps?

Hope this all makes sense and please help her resolve the problem. Thank you.

Hey Sammy,

Thought I'd say hello :flowers:

Have never seen a factory fitted Corolla sat nav, though always thought they were the most expensive things to have and that they were not that good and difficult to update ..?? or are the more modern ones better - assume its not like the old Avensis units with the CD unit in the boot !!

With things like tom tom being relatively cheap, even my smart phone has sat nat, bit surprised why she decided to get the Toyota one ??

Cannot help with the fitting trim, are there slight different models eg the UK 2002-2006 and the later models sold in Ireland etc.

btw have you got your Avensis yet ..

Hey Sammy,

Thought I'd say hello :flowers:

Have never seen a factory fitted Corolla sat nav, though always thought they were the most expensive things to have and that they were not that good and difficult to update ..?? or are the more modern ones better - assume its not like the old Avensis units with the CD unit in the boot !!

With things like tom tom being relatively cheap, even my smart phone has sat nat, bit surprised why she decided to get the Toyota one ??

Cannot help with the fitting trim, are there slight different models eg the UK 2002-2006 and the later models sold in Ireland etc.

btw have you got your Avensis yet ..

I agree with you entirely Oldcodger, So ood to hear from you too, i think she must have picked the unit up pretty cheap...i think, actually the sat nav on it doesn't work, sure she said it was a faulty nav cd, which she was fine about as she has a tom tom, but she mainly purchased it for its expensive retro looks...so she put it lol! I don't know, i'll just pass on any advice i recieve, doesn't appear there's many sat nav unit owners on here though!

(On a personal level,without confusing her posting,we've looked at a few Avensis,a Rav4,and an Urban Cruiser,oh and a Verso...but still have the Corolla currently, we're surviving in it for now, i love her to bits (minus the poor paint job and vandel damage) but when the right car comes along thats bigger...defo wont be better...i guess it'll be time to say goodbye...which i hope is a while yet lol, takecare)

On my FL CTS the Sat Nav head unit looks exactly like the standard radio, the actual sat nav device and dvd tray is under the passenger seat, so unless the wiring loom is already in place (under the passenger seat) then I do not think that an installation would be straight forward.

I can take pics if you want me to.

Cheers

Peachy

On my FL CTS the Sat Nav head unit looks exactly like the standard radio, the actual sat nav device and dvd tray is under the passenger seat, so unless the wiring loom is already in place (under the passenger seat) then I do not think that an installation would be straight forward.

I can take pics if you want me to.

Cheers

Peachy

Hi peachy

Thank you for your response, i've had a look at her unit, okay so to put it simple...she wants the actual satnav unit which replaces the stock radio unit...she also has a small magnetic gps receiver unit which basically plugs into the back of the sat nav unit and i

assume sits behind the sat nav unit and just remains there...and thats it...she loads her cd rom into the sat nav unit and the you can tilt the screen to suit you...but her issue is if you look at the outer shape/contours of the stock radio and then the basic rectangular shape of the sat nav unit...it leaves you with a gap all round and she's not happy with that...i suggested maybe one of those double din fascias you get for after market units,which might need modifying...SOMEBODY HAS TO KNOW WHAT WE MEAN???

However your set up sounds like the setup i once had in my old Avensis...sat nav radio up front...receiver with disc under drivers seat...wiring in between!

Just to clarify i haven't seen her sat nav unit as she's still awaiting its delivery but she googled some pics and emailed them to me but i have no idea how to upload them.

Any thoughts lads?????????????????????????????? :flowers:

If its the 9000, 9001 or 9002 corolla sat nav system, the touch screan one, toyota sell a different surround for it. I dont know the part number but its under "accessorys" in there systems

If its the 9000, 9001 or 9002 corolla sat nav system, the touch screan one, toyota sell a different surround for it. I dont know the part number but its under "accessorys" in there systems

Nice 1 Steve, it is a 9002, i'll bell my mate now to get her onto the dealers, in the meantime i'll pm parts king for too! Things we do for mates, owe her one after she sourced me some rubber mats lol!

Just out of curiosity, how did you know this?

Nice 1 Steve, it is a 9002, i'll bell my mate now to get her onto the dealers, in the meantime i'll pm parts king for too! Things we do for mates, owe her one after she sourced me some rubber mats lol!

I was watching a 9002 on eBay for the compressor and rung the dealer to make sure you could still get the facia for them. It went for silly money on eBay so i didnt bother :lol:

I was watching a 9002 on eBay for the compressor and rung the dealer to make sure you could still get the facia for them. It went for silly money on eBay so i didnt bother :lol:

Hmmm interesting, so you want one too??? There's one on eBay now if you're interested. I personally don't see the point in them as the nav is out-dated unless you just want it for cd and radio.

And did your dealer confirm that they still do the fascia? And how much? I just pm'd parts-king so we'll see.

You can get the updated discs for them ;)

Yes they still were at about £40 odd IIRC

You can get the updated discs for them ;)

Yes they still were at about £40 odd IIRC

RESPONSE FROM PARTS-KING:

"Hi Sam

I tried a couple of days ago to sort the same issue out for someone else, they actually gave me a part number for it, but when I looked into it, the number was for just a standard radio. Ive spent an hour or so trying to find out, there is nothing on our accessory system so I dont know if is discontinued or something. Sorry i cant help but I just dont have anything listed and Toyota were next to useless, they can only see what |I see on the system so were no help at all"

Thank you Parts-King :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

So there we have it, guess thats that, unless Steve you could kindly obtain that parts number so we can check it with Toyota and see what it comes up with??? :flowers:

Ill gove em a ring for ya. Bet they gave me the info on the standard HU facia going by that!

Hi

Had a quick look on the Toyota accessory installation guide site (http://www.toyota-tech.eu/Aim/Aim.aspx?pubtype=AIM&menuitem=3) and found this, I hope it helps. The guide attached is for a TNS600 and lists 55406-02070-B0 as the surround needed to fit

Cheers

Devon

TNS600 RHD PZ445-00331-00 AIM 000 767-0.pdf

Hi

Had a quick look on the Toyota accessory installation guide site (http://www.toyota-te...=AIM&menuitem=3) and found this, I hope it helps. The guide attached is for a TNS600 and lists 55406-02070-B0 as the surround needed to fit

Cheers

Devon

Devon...I/we can't thank you enough...for coming all the way over from the Aygo forums...AND for that pdf which i would never have expected...thank you again :flowers:

So going via the info within that pdf, we simply need item:

Clusterpanel 55406-02070-B0

Parts-King...here we go again, lol