Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Classic Car & Bike Show

firemac

Spent a nice day @ NEC. After seeing a Mk1 RS1600 with insurance value of £50K, I wish I'd kept my RS2000!

There was a worrying lack of Toyota classics. Apart from the MR2 Club, there was nothing. I'd have thought that there would have been some Celicas (especially the old GT4 WRC cars), Corrola coupes or Supras on display. Lots of Datsun Z cars and theres even a club for old Datsun Laurels (which is worrying!).

Topic moved to General discussion forum as not specific to RAV

I have been at the show all weekend......It's a great show and seems to get bigger each year!

I picked up a couple of "model" Toyotas , but agree with you that there was a sad lack of classic Toyotas present.

It took a full good 2 days to look round including most of Sunday in the auto jumble halls buying things I want but don't really need as well as some interesting books and souvenirs

Saturday and Sunday evenings were reserved for looking around the excellent Birmingham German Christmas Market and sampling the German Sausages, beer, Gluewine and Black Forest Gateaux :).......now watching the Grand Prix in the hotel room before travelling home tomorrow

sampling the German Sausages, .....now watching the Grand Prix in the hotel room before travelling home tomorrow

Too much info :D:

sampling the German Sausages, .....now watching the Grand Prix in the hotel room before travelling home tomorrow

Too much info :D:

Biz says you enjoy a sausage after dark :eek:

Home from a great weekend at the Classic Car Show and the German Christmas Market in Birmingham.

Today's bonus was that whilst looking around Birmingham city centre I found a Toyota Display in a shopping mall and got a chance to have a good clamber around a Yaris hybrid T Spirit

Thanks must go to the hard working young ladies on the stand who were knowledgeable about the car and let me have a commemorative "Silence In The City" canvas bag as a souvenir :)

Glad you had a good one Steve, Ive done that show in the past, love rummaging around in the autojumble

Funny how you ended up with a silence of the lambs bag? weird :D:

Thanks must go to the hard working young ladies on the stand.......

So, picking up some old bag at Birmingham market

Thanks must go to the hard working young ladies on the stand.......

So, picking up some old bag at Birmingham market

No the bag was a very special commemorative canvas bag which the lady from Toyota said may well be worth something someday.........Maybe even more than a Tenner! :P

What she actually said was "one day you could use it as a Tenna.........Lady" :lol:

A sort of bread and dripping :eek:

No didn't have any bread and dripping but really enjoyed some traditional German food and drink at the German Christmas Market :)

Found it mildly amusing that the large galloping horses roundabout in the city square was playing the theme tune to Dads Army...."who do you think you are kidding Mr Hitler?" ;) :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links