Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Identifying Terminals On Oxygen Sensors?

perdaniel

According to a manual I have found on a russian website, testing the oxygen sensors on the 1AZ-FSE should be done by measuring the resistance between terminals +B and HT on the sensors connectors. The problem is that among the the four connectors, there are at least three different designs, and the small picture in the manual gives no clear way of identifying the different terminals.

all i could suggest is to look for the 2 pins that are most discoloured .....these will more than likely be the 2 you are looking for just cross them with a multi-meter and see what happens !! hope that helps

Heated sensor 1 Bank 1 has +B on top left and HT on top right when viewed with case projections on top.

Resistance should be 5-10 ohms at 20 C.

Bank 1 sensor 2 has terminals in the same posistions and resistance should be 11-16 ohms at 20C.

Fitter

Heated sensor 1 Bank 1 has +B on top left and HT on top right when viewed with case projections on top.

Resistance should be 5-10 ohms at 20 C.

Bank 1 sensor 2 has terminals in the same posistions and resistance should be 11-16 ohms at 20C.

Fitter

All the connector cases have projections on three of the sides. If you mean the most widely spaced projections, that matches the info on this website: http://4crawler.com/4x4/O2SensorWireColors.html which says that it is the black wires that go to the heater elements.

According to the Toyota 1AZ-FSE manual I found on a russian website, the resistance of the heater elements should be 11-16 ohms at 20C (68F) and 23-32 ohms at 800C (1472F).

Yes I meant the widest spaced lugs but the resistance figures are taken from a UK manual and Bank 2 Sensor 2 is also 11-16 ohms at 20C.

Fitter