Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Battery Tray

matt@theforce

I'm looking to change the Battery in SWMBO's 4.2 2lvvti.

As her work circumstances changed in August she has gone from using her car daily to once every 2-3 weeks for upto 15miles. Due to this the original Battery has now reached a point where it doesn't hold or charge up, only to be expected as this is the original Battery that came with the car in 2005 :)

I'm thinking of fitting a more heavy duty battery and wondered if the battery tray in the 2l diesel is the same as the 2l petrol, if so I'll start looking at suitable batteries for the diesel :)

Matthew

Have a search Matt it's been covered several times. I have the Halfords HB072 in mine (I think) It's the one listed for the diesel in their guide. Other people have other recommendations. I had to remove the L clamps that fitted on my smaller Battery and use different mounting holes for the vertical bolts but yes is the answer. Not sure if your 2005 OEM Battery is the same as my 2002 was. Check the polarity and positioning of the connectors for whatever Battery you go for as the cables as difficult to move and there is some wrong info out there.

Concur with Paul, Matthew.....felt like I was at Last Supper there....Halford's HB072 fitted into wife's 2004 Rav 3 door with no fuss at all, including no probs with terminal wires. Just moved clamps as Paul stated and sure spins over in the morning brill....wife same as you, too.....short infrequent trips in it now she's retired (older than me ye see.....).

Big Kev

Concur with Paul, Matthew.....felt like I was at Last Supper there....Halford's HB072 fitted into wife's 2004 Rav 3 door with no fuss at all, including no probs with terminal wires. Just moved clamps as Paul stated and sure spins over in the morning brill....wife same as you, too.....short infrequent trips in it now she's retired (older than me ye see.....).

Big Kev

I presume that your Better Half doesn't read your posts then, Oh brave BK.

Quite right Jim. She might be small but she is quite capable of kicking his backside.

Quite right Jim. She might be small but she is quite capable of kicking his backside.

....LEGS ARE TOO SHORT TO REACH THAT HIGH......

....LEGS ARE TOO SHORT TO REACH THAT HIGH......

Now chaps, you both know wimmin are more subtle than that when it comes to payback :ermm: :ermm:

Del

Changed mine recently for an uprated diesel spec Battery. Easy enough to do as it's just a case of moving the rods to their outermost positions on the clamp, and hooking them into the slots on the outer edge of the Battery tray base.

The dimensions were 305x173x225 ( length x width x height) and just check that the positive post is on your left as you look from the front of the car into the engine bay.

Got mine from the local motor factors for £65 with a 3 year warranty.

Fantastic.

Thanks for the help. I'll have a shop around for a Battery for a Diesel :) . Should be a nice xmas present for SWMBO :laughing: .

Changed mine recently for an uprated diesel spec battery. Easy enough to do as it's just a case of moving the rods to their outermost positions on the clamp, and hooking them into the slots on the outer edge of the battery tray base.

The dimensions were 305x173x225 ( length x width x height) and just check that the positive post is on your left as you look from the front of the car into the engine bay.

Got mine from the local motor factors for £65 with a 3 year warranty.

aye....cheers Arthur....ah payed £90.00 at Halfraud's with 3 year guarantee, mate.....you'll get yours.....:thumbsup:

Aah Hah,

But mine's has a brand name that I've never heard of, might not last three weeks let alone three years.....time will tell.

• 1 month later...

Overdue update.

After a little looking around for the best deal I ended up buying an Exide EA755 from EuroCarParts with my Briskoda discount getting me the Battery for approx £60 and delivered to my door :)

Out with the old and in with the new

20121210_140416.jpg

The old Battery looks quite small in comparison but has done a sterling job over the last 8years

New Battery a little snug but really simple to fit

20121210_141952.jpg

Thanks for the help guys

ps. The car started with no problems after not being started for a couple of months :yahoo:

Good job, Matt!

post-70734-0-12394400-1357475085.jpg

This is the bit that really counts (630A, cold cranking amperage). Good choice for a petrol.

Chris