Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2006 - Roof Bars For Rav4 (Advice On 2Nd Hand Price)

Stupidmia

Someone locally is selling a set of roof bars with the following description:

Genuine Toyota Rav 4 (2006-present) roof bars. Aluminium with T-track that lock to the car, for Rav's without rails.

He want's £70 for them....does that sound like a good deal?

Don't have a urgent need for any...but wondered if it's worth having them just incase.

What would be the model no of these?

If they fit your Rav they are a good deal.

I think the silver coloured ones are a lot more expensive than the black??

Sounds to me that they are the regular Roof Rack type bars TPZ403-XO612-GA if this is the case you should get two keys plus a T hex key for attaching them oh and when new, there are plastic films to attach/stick to the car where they fit above the doors. The T on the front of the part number may or may not be used.

Gus

From the description it does sound like the rails-not bars as Gus suggests

The silver rails are about £90 CHEAPER than black ones, so if they are rails (complete with all the fittings) they are a bargain!!

Kingo :thumbsup:

I read the description differently [like Windy above] - to me these are the CROSS bars that sit on the gutter and clamp to the roof edge - it does say for RAVs without rails........................

EDIT - last set of these to sell on e-bay went for about £45 and they were complete in excellent condition with all the bits [apart from the protective film]

Yes, I can see that now that I have re-read it yet again for about the tenth time :lol:

If they are cross bars, they are just under half price, not that good a saving, but if they are rails, its a bargain

Blindo :thumbsup:

Thanks for all the replies.

Think I wont bother then...suppose I've never had a desperate need for any in 3+years of ownership so far...

I was tempted by the blow up Roof Rack for dire emergency that sit under the boot in a bag and you can blow them up and sit on the roof, never bothered buying anything though. Iirc they were cheaper new in any case.

Gus

I sent a PM to a scappy on eBay advertising the breaking of a RAV, asked how much he wanted for the rails......£250 including delivery. Do they live on another planet these scrap dealers, its the same when i was looking for alloys they want to charge almost new prices?

I sent a PM to a scappy on ebay advertising the breaking of a RAV, asked how much he wanted for the rails......£250 including delivery. Do they live on another planet these scrap dealers, its the same when i was looking for alloys they want to charge almost new prices?

Madness, could sell you new ones for less

I sent a PM to a scappy on ebay advertising the breaking of a RAV, asked how much he wanted for the rails......£250 including delivery. Do they live on another planet these scrap dealers, its the same when i was looking for alloys they want to charge almost new prices?

Madness, could sell you new ones for less

I pointed that out to a scrappy I enquired of [could be same one]

Didn't get a reply........................

well i'll be keeping my eye out for an eBay bargain, however i really want some and if nothing comes along soon then i'll be going for new....so we'll see.