Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Yaris?

Rayburn

I've been looking at new cars, (Yaris) thinking maybe good time to change.

So started at local T dealers.

Then onto local other dealers, not T.

Other dealer offers over £1k (px car) more than T.

Plus £2.5k less as no vat.

Come on T. You need to wake up and smell the coffee.

R

Ps. Is it me, or has others noticed the new Yaris is very err plastic inside?

Think you also have to consider why the other manufacturer is offering 0% VAT. Presumably they are struggling to maintain market share and/or have an aging model to sell.

Skoda - the current Fabia is still based on the previous generation Polo (dating from 2002), rather than the current generation Polo/Ibiza (dating from 2009).

SEAT and Suzuki - struggling to maintain market share.

If you want a discounted Yaris from a Toyota franchised dealer group, have a look at Autobytel.co.uk - part of Inchcape - where the Yaris is discounted from 940 to 1300 pounds depending on model.

Ps. Is it me, or has others noticed the new Yaris is very err plastic inside?

No I haven't found that at all

Well, depends what you mean... the Mk3 dash certainly feels less plasticky than the dash in my Mk1 :lol:

(But I still like my offset digital dash better! ;))

It's the cost to change that matters, not necessarily the p/x price. I've found that you don't get anywhere serious with some salesmen unless you're genuinely wanting to do the deal and start talking turkey (to use one of their phrases!). Just popping in and talking p/x prices is a long way from the final deal you could get.

My Mark 1 Yaris is very plasticky inside.. as if I care...

You need to go and discuss actual models, specs, delivery dates etc and show a firm interest, you are not going to get the exact figures until you show some commitment to purchase, ball park figures and wishy washy "in the region of" mean nothing until you sit down and discuss hard cold cash. There are some fantastic offers on Yaris at the moment, 0% and the like, so you could save a lot of money that way too

Kingo :thumbsup:

Actually, did you mean "Has lots of interior plastic surfaces" or "Has bad quality plastic" ?

The former, yeah, but TBH most small cars are. The latter, I'd disagree about; Even the Mk1's interior is quite hard wearing and isn't to clacky but not too soft either.

• 2 weeks later...

Parts King.

Yes did that.

Got down to the nitty gritty.....

Would not budge on a trade in price and only a small disc on the new car (didn't even cover the cost of M/paint). I got the Yaris from him just over 2 years ago.

He says he wants my car but is knocking me nearly £7k in that time............

And yes I agree its the cost to change.

The Skoda sales Price to change is Just over half of what Mr T wants.

So unless I sell the T privatley it looks like Skoda to p/x.

I tested the Fabia diesel 1.6 105 bhp. (monte Carlo) sports suspension etc.

Was Vey Very impressed.

So watch this space.

Think you also need to consider the weaker warranty on the Skoda. The Skoda warranty is two years unlimited mileage, with a third year warranty with a limit of 60,000 miles. However, if you exceed 60,000 miles during the three years, the third year warranty terminates.

Wear and tear items are only covered for six months or 6,500 miles (whichever occurs first) - wear and tear items include seat and backrest covers,floor coverings, and shock absorbers.

Bear in mind that the current Fabia has been on sale since 2007 and, unlike the current Polo and Ibiza, is based on the previous generation Polo platform (dating back to 2001/02). A new Fabia is due in 2014.

• 1 month later...

Frostyballs

Quote " The Skoda warranty is two years unlimited mileage, with a third year warranty with a limit of 60,000 miles. However, if you exceed 60,000 miles during the three years, the third year warranty terminates."

Hi yes I checked that out and I do not expect to do 60,000 miles, although having a Diesel.

Well I done the deal in the end with Skoda. Monte Carlo 1.6 105bhp.

I was most upset with T as it seemed they didn't care if they sold a new car or not.

The Diesel demomstrater never turned up and after nearly 3 months we gave up.

Skoda fell over backwards to serve us.... not desperate to sell as all the cars are a special order and we had to wait for it.

We were offerd and given 3 different Fabia,s to test drive.

Had it now for a little over 10 days and really pleased we changed to Skoda.

So sorry Toyota after over 10 years of T ownership we have moved on and upwards.

See you Guys about sometime, as I will pop in to see how your doing.

Best Regards

R.

I bought a nearly new Jazz in November. Same reason...

Funny - I looked at trading my IQ for a new Yaris and the dealer offered me silly money for my car. Ended up getting a new Suzuki Swift with all the gadgets for 3k less.

Toyota Model: Yaris D4D Tspirit

Toyota Model: IQ

You Guys need to change your info details.....

R

you can get a great deal if you try hard enough, ive just purchased a brand new yaris trend with sat nav for £10500, but because my 2012 auris sr was only worth £10750 and i had finance on it at £13500 put the new car to £13250 but still got around £1000 off screen price which was £14270 with the sat nav, also got a set of mats, set of mudflaps, boot mat and a tank of fuel free.

i think thats a result

Sorry Smithy but I dont call that a good deal.

You owe £13500 and you got part of that loan added to the new car that now cost you £13250.???

If that was me I would have waited and sold the Auris privatley.

Sounds like you lost so much money on a one year old car the finance didn't even keep pace with depreciation..????

But this is the sort of thing I was talking about, i,e the Low P/x values dealers put on our used Ts.

The Skoda dealer gave me over £1100 more in P/x than the T dealer offered.

Thays why Ive jumped ship.

You owe £13500 and you got part of that loan added to the new car that now cost you £13250.???

Sounds like you lost so much money on a one year old car the finance didn't even keep pace with depreciation..????

But this is the sort of thing I was talking about, i,e the Low P/x values dealers put on our used Ts.

think u might have misunderstood, the car was £14270 with sat nav, because i owed £13500 he took that off the price of the new yaris, so in theory i only paid the screen price instead of paying the price plus what was owed on the other.

i tried for a skoda octavia vrs (new 1) before 1 purchased the auris and they offered me £6500 for a 2010 auris sr, so yep i told them to stick it and purchased a new auris sr instead as they gave me £9750 for it.

What may be a 'good deal' to one person may not appear to be a 'good deal' to another who is not fully aware of the whole circumstances. If I am considering a new Toyota, and the first Toyota dealer I approach doesn't seem to want the business (for example offering a low part exchange price against my Glass's or CAP valuation), I approach a second Toyota dealer. I did this when I bought my last Corolla new in 2006, and my first Auris that I bought new in 2009. To me the quality and coverage of the warranty is important - and, for me, the VAG warranty (Audi, Seat, Skoda, Volkswagen) has too many limitations as regards cover (not the mileage limit for the 2nd year, but the warranty only covering some items for six months which some other manufacturers cover for a full three or five years).

I had a monte carlo 1.2 tsi fabia.. After 6 months of hell, solicitors, fos and threats of legal action they finally gave in and took the shambolic car back. VW quality isn't what you think mate, wait until the problems start, there's loads of recorded issues on fabia's =/

I used to be a Volkswagen fan, but after problems with the last two that I owned (Touran and Beetle) I swore I would never buy another VAG car.

I'm now on my 4th Toyota.

Unlike the Volkswagens I have had no need to go to the dealer for anything other than routine servicing and one recall, I got sick to the back teeth of all the waiting around I had to do at the VW dealer and driving around in one of their courtesy cars.

Just to ask everyone who has bought a new Yaris. Have Toyota started to fit daylight running lights yet? If yours is so fitted could you please indicate the purchase date. Thankyou.

Regards Geoff Peace.

No normal Yaris do not have day time running lights as the model was homologated before February 2011 and therefore DRL's where not required, The Yaris Hybrid was homologated after Feb 2011 and has DRL's as required by law.

If you want DRL's on normal new Yaris there is an accessory fit kit available from Toyota part # PZ426-B0511-00

Devon

• Like 1

i thought about fitting these to my 2013 yaris trend but the price put me off, over £200 quid for these is stupid, and to top it all off id have to strip the dashboard to fit these too.

ive just done and ordered a set of aftermarket lights and will fit these with a fuse and relay so when the headlights turn on the drls go out like the aygo and auris hybrids

No normal Yaris do not have day time running lights as the model was homologated before February 2011 and therefore DRL's where not required, The Yaris Hybrid was homologated after Feb 2011 and has DRL's as required by law.

If you want DRL's on normal new Yaris there is an accessory fit kit available from Toyota part # PZ426-B0511-00

Devon

Thankyou for your reply. I was suprised when my wifes Yaris (2011) did not have them However at £200 plus fitting I think I will leave the car as it is!

Regards Geoff Peace.

Maybe of interest. We paid £400 to have them fitted.

My only gripe is that they go out when the main lights come on (told thats correct by the dealer) but saw a Citroen C3 with DRL in roughly the same place as mine this week and both where on - strange?

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=132005&st=10